Excuse my ignorance but...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by snh280, Apr 25, 2011.

1. snh280

snh280 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    I apologise in advance for my 'newbness'. I have a 'back up' copy of Window 7 64 bit on DVD copied from a friends original disc. Can I use this with the 'Daz Loader' to install on my HP laptop (which has Vista Ult) or am I best downloading it and doing a fresh install?

Thanks. Simon.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    A fresh install wont give you any troubles. When you say a back up copy of win 7, is that a copy of a back up image for his pc or a copy of win 7dvd? either way go fresh, and get sp1 integrated win 7-64bits from here

3. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #3 zahnoo, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    +1 Do what hbhb says.

Btw ... The only bad thing about "ignorance" is not trying to change it. Ignorance just means there's something you don't know. As I once read, "Ignorance can be fixed; stupid is forever". Thanks for asking your question; please ask more. But you're a long way from being an ignorant person. You have a need and you're asking for advice. That's a good thing ... a very good thing.

Now ... sorry for the sermon, but in a former life I was a teacher. And to paraphrase a very good friend of mine, "Once a teacher; always a teacher".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. snh280

snh280 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Thanks for the response. I copied my friends retail Windows 7 dvd.

Simon.

5. snh280

snh280 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Thanks for your support. You are a scholar and a gent. Simon.