Explorer stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by coolwalker, Nov 20, 2009.

1. coolwalker

coolwalker MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    Every time I reboot I get the message "Explorer Stopped Working", check online for solution or click restart. It does this from 4 to 6 times then it stopps and all is fine. Does anyone know why this occurs? My onlty thought so far is that it appears to happen when IconToy loads. I use that because I don't like Icons and I use RocketDock instead. Any suggestions?

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Uninstall IconToy and see if it is resolved. If not make sure you have all updated drivers. Are you using a loader? If so remove it and see what happens.

3. coolwalker

coolwalker MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    Of course I will try that this evening when I get home; I'd already thought of that, but was thinking it might be some (known) bug. BTW, I love your sig...my last acid experience was 1991 in Myrtle Beach...someone gave me a hit, I took it and about 30 minutes later my muscles were constricting...that was my last experience. (I was at that beach because I was in a road band and, well, musicians, you know...we'll try anything once...ok, twice)

4. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry for your bad trip. Microdots were they way to go back in the day. And also liquid eye drops.:D

5. coolwalker

coolwalker MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    That's funny...when I try to remember bck that far (back in the day) I can't, not exactly...only bits and pieces come thru...I do remember dropping Orange Sunshine with my cousin and heading toward Woodstock...I say heading because we somehow got lost and ended up in Newport RI chasing some girls...never did make it to the big party, but we did pretty well on our own in RI (lol).