Extract ROM from EXE

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by wabithewarlord, Apr 30, 2013.

1. wabithewarlord

wabithewarlord MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    Hey,

I'm in trouble.
    I tried to update my MSI 970A-G45 BIOS but I don't know what happened, it failed.
    Now I can't boot my computer...
    I sent to a technician and he said I need to find the BIOS so he can write it directly in the Motherboard BIOS chip.
    I told him to download from MSI website, but he said it wouldn't work because its made to write via DOS with AFUD software, not via EPROM writer. How can I get this kind of ROM?
    Can someone extract me the ROM file? I can't post the MSI website link, but it's in the 910A-G45's download section.

Kind regards,
    Tiago Dias Ferreira

2. conghoaxa1

conghoaxa1 MDL BIOS/EFI Modifier

Oct 30, 2009
  3. wabithewarlord

Apr 30, 2013
    With this ROM you provided me will I be able to write it direct with EPROM/EEPROM writer?

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u have to DELete 0h to ABC3C8h with winhex

5. wabithewarlord

Apr 30, 2013
    Can you do this to me? I'm not confident of my computer skills, I'm afraid of doing something wrong and screw up again my motherboard.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #6 LatinMcG, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    i was looking for the address he mentions and i didnt see it.

the way i figure it out is with a backup.bin from programmer then i compare with HxD or WinHex from bottom up.

but im pretty sure its errased as most new users do and never made a backup of chip even if its not booting.

7. wabithewarlord

Apr 30, 2013
    No I never made a backup... I had no idea that this kind of error could ever occur to my motherboard.
    I just need a ROM to write via Hotflash with EPROM writer. But the technician can't find a proper ROM for this, we can only find ROMs to write via DOS or M-FLASH, not hotflash.

8. wabithewarlord

Apr 30, 2013
    I need a ROM to write via hotflash using a EPROM writer, write direct on the chip.
    The motherboard doesn't recognize any USB stick to use M-FLASH or AFUDE238.exe

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    so he cant dump the broken bios from chip ??