Extracting uncompressed BIN-file from Award BIOS unsing CBrom

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Giniemaster, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Giniemaster

Giniemaster MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2010
    Hi guys,

sorry to bother you with something like this, but I’ve tried everything (reading lots of tutorials & searching Google to no avail) and just don’t get behind this problem. I’m trying to extract “NCPUCODE.BIN” from a BIOS file (see attached jpg) with CBrom version 1.15 using the string:

cbrom115 SOURCE.BIN /cpucode extract
    -or-
    cbrom115 SOURCE.BIN /nc_cpucode extract

But nothing works :( I don’t understand what “(SP)” means in the item list, I'm guessing it's uncompressed data within the BIOS. Could you please give me a hint on how to extract that file? Furthermore, do I need a special string to implement the extracted NCPUCODE.BIN to my destination BIOS? I would do it this way:

cbrom115 DESTINATION.BIN /vc_cpucode (or just /cpucode)

Thank you so much in advance for your help and your time. :worthy:

Best regards,

G.

Attached Files:

2. 1234s282

1234s282 MDL Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Hello

We have successfully extracted NCPUCODE.BIN out of award bioses over at *****no ads***** If you would like to request a CPU Support bios modification we can attempt to replace the microcode from another bios to add CPU Support.

Regards
    1234s282

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To add the ID of the CPU to be supported should do the trick, no need for another bios..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...