Extracting version WIN7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zdenek, Jan 9, 2011.

1. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Hi friends,
    I have a DVD containing all versions WIN7_x64. Please can extract any version for example WIN7_Home Premium x64 Install.wim the file and then extracted from this file, you do a custom install on a bootable DVD. Thank you for your advice and have a nice day. :rolleyes:

2. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    i cannot clearly nderstand your msessage actually.What are you trying to do ?

3. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    The file contains a version install.win Homebasic.cfg to Ultimate.cfg. I install.win removing unneeded versions reduce the conditions in terms of course. If this option is not, just delete unneeded *. cfg.

4. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Great thanks for the suggestion. I also ran into DISM/7zip, but I can not work with this program. I asked to write a script or batch that went extracted from Install.wim Home_Premium only version. Many thanks.

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    But why do you want to do that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    #6 ricktendo64, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You need Windows Automated Install Kit (WAIK) and you need to use ImageX to export the image, example

Code:
    imagex /export <path_to_folder>\sources\install.wim 3 <path_to_another_folder>\install.wim "Windows 7 Home Premium"
    This will export only the Home Premium edition, you can give it any name you want, just change "Windows 7 Home Premium" to whatever you wish

You can also install WAIK and use GImageX (ImageX GUI) to delete any other images from the wim

7. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Thanks, thanks ricktendo64! Please have some advice. I installed the WAIK, but the x86 version. I need to extract the Install.wim Home Premium x64 or Enterprise x64. Will this guide work? Or do I have to use WIN7 x64 and then do the extract imagex64. Many thanks for any advice. :rolleyes:

8. avatarsiz

Oct 9, 2010
    WAIK x86 and imagex could support x64 wim files. Differences between waik x86 and x64 only supported systems for installing.

I used 7zip and waik also.

If you want to use waik, you could type this "help imagex". It gives you some help enough, I hope.

I used imagex like that. And of course lots of trying :) :) :)

9. zdenek

zdenek MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2010
    Hi friends,
    I worked as instructed. User works great. I will try to do a separate installation of Enterprise. Good day to you all. :)