F11 recovery doesn't work after Windows Loader installed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tutu7931, Aug 29, 2019.

1. tutu7931

tutu7931 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2019
    Hi All,

So I'm installing Win 7 Ultimate (6.1.7601.17514) on 3 exactly same laptops (Lenovo W541) with brand new disks.

I installed Daz's Loader first then the recovery software.

All machines activate successfully, however, one of them the F11 recovery doesn't function anymore during start menu (take me straight forward into Windows). That being said, once I uninstall the loader and reboot the F11 works again, strange. The rest of the 2 work just fine.

In addition, somehow I have to disable Security Chip in BIOS for that specific machine in order to enter Windows. Otherwise it get stock in "starting Windows" forever.

I'll be appreciated for any ideas.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    It's strange since you have got exactly the same laptops. It should work on every, except you did something different OR they do not have the same config / BIOS version.
    You might check the BIOS version first. Check also the BIOS settings if they are the same.

The loader itself has options, too.

This is the general instruction for boot issues:
    Go to the advanced options and select to disable type 4 memory, install the loader again and see if that cures it. If you're not cured try to disable type 3 memory instead. If it still fails try selecting the legacy setting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...