Facebook Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by batman2008, Jul 17, 2012.

1. batman2008

batman2008 MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2012
    I seem to be blocked from the Facebook website but only with one tower in the household.

Facebook ping is perfect, says page cannot be displayed on all web browsers? or just hangs........one time I did connect but it was like the data trickled for a while then stopped once i tried to click on anything.

I have reset the WINSOCK entries to defaults

tried malware and virus scans etc.

not sure what else to try?

2. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    First of all hello young fella,

So now to your question,few days ago i had issues with Facebook to,i could log in but couldn´t see any friends or post anything inside.
    I would like you to clear your browsing data,because it fixed my problem to.
    Don´t know what browsing data has to do with facebook but give it a try,if it doesn´t help we will find a solution :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Try to restart your computer. I also had in the past 2 weeks the same problem and it worked good after I restarted.

4. batman2008

batman2008 MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2012
    #4 batman2008, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    (OP)
    Hi Guys,

thanks very much for the fast reponses, unfortunatly I have tried quite a lot recently, this also has been happening the last three days and within those three days I have done the following,

Reset Internet Settings to Default
    Virus Scan
    Malwarebytes Antimalware
    LSP Fix
    Smitfraud
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Reset Winsock to Defaut Settings
    Used CCleaner *which clears everything anyway
    Uninstalled Chrome and Reinstalled
    Checked Proxy Settings
    Checked HOSTS file
    Checked Startup processes incase of anything dodgy running
    Checked Services.msc

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 Daz, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. batman2008

batman2008 MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2012
    #6 batman2008, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks Daz,

I have tried the IP via http with the link above, It had a doughnut at the top swirling around and was trying to load, eventually it just came up with

This webpage is not available

Google Chrome could not load the web page because facebook(edited as it would not let me post full link) took too long to respond. The website may be down or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.

this is a very strange issue because earlier I actually managed to get in but then all the links were buffering and it was not behaving too well, next time I relaunched chrome it just went to the same again, not responding etc.

Im currently trying to back all my info onto another drive as it looks like I may have to do a clean install :(

7. McRip

McRip MDL Addicted

Aug 15, 2011
    Facebook is stepping over completely to IPv6. So some computers may have some issues with this protocol connecting to.
    Try to disable IPv6 on the computer having the connection issues.
    Do not forget to reboot and then check again.

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Why not try the system file checker first and then a repair install if sfc doesn't find anything.