FADT not found error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gjf, Aug 11, 2015.

1. gjf

gjf MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2009
    Hi all!

I have been using a notebook Aspire 5942G-333G50Mnbk with slicced BIOS. Win 7 was activated and I was happy.
    But with a view of free Win 10 update I cannot pass the CPU requirements because of locked BIOS.
    I have seen a modded BIOS with unlocked settings here in forum so I have asked BDMaster to repost the bios and he did it (cannot post link because of restrictions).
    I have flashed the BIOS successfully but now Windows cannot boot with any settings with BSOD "BIOS is not ACPI complaint".
    I have tried to reflash the previous BIOS including stock one as well as BDMaster's one again, but the flasher gives an error "FADT not found", So looks like ACPI problem is BIOS based.
    Can anybody help me? Unfortunately BDMaster's PM inbox is full and I cannot contact him on this.
    I would be happy at least to use old BIOS if modded one cannot be created in a proper way.

2. gjf

gjf MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2009
    #2 gjf, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    (OP)
    I have tried the recovery procedure that BDMaster recommended on another forum:
    Sure I have renamed my initial NCQD1_4M.fd into BIOS.md ant copied it in Recovery File folder on USB stick.
    During this procedure I can observe a black screen, USB sticks light flashes for about 10 seconds then light shuts down for about 20 seconds and flashes again (no continious flashes).
    I am waiting about 10 minutes already, but fans still work and looks like nothing happens.

Upd: A hour passed but still the same fan noise and USB stick periodical blinking

3. gjf

gjf MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2009
    Just tried the following recommendations:
    Same symptoms: periodical blinking of USB and nothing happens.

4. gjf

gjf MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2009
    OK, found the way to revert to slicced ROM.
    Many thanks to forum.ixbt.com for proper instructions!
    Don't want to give too much details, just informing NCQD1_4M.fd must be renamed into NCQD1X64.fd (model-specific name, but it can be easily found using manual from above mentioned forum) and then placed on FAT-formatted USB stick.
    In this case crisis mode found the proper BUIOS file and flashes it.
    All problems are gone after that.

But still questions to BDMaster concerning his mod.