Failed bios update on HP Compaq 8710p

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by lmasal, Jul 12, 2011.

1. lmasal

lmasal MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    I don`t know why i did in the first place. On my 8710p was windows xp, and it worked fine. But two days ago i decided to install windows 7. Setup was ok, but i had problem with graphic card driver. I couldnt find the right one. I tried all drivers from HP site, NVIDIA site even some mod drivers, but nothing. Then, when i was on HP site in Windows Vista Bussines page i saw BIOS update.

I downloaded the update for windows, started and everything went ok, and after restart black screen, nothing...

Can you please help me with this one???

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Can you still start the PC and enter the BIOS setup? Do you have the boot option by pressing F8 at the start? If yes, you can always try restore the original BIOS revision. Have you updated the BIOS via floppy or whilst in Windows?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lmasal

lmasal MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    No, i cant enter bios. When I start notebook there is only black screen. I updated bios in windows.... But i installed windows 7 and downloaded bios aplication for vista....
    I tryed forming diskette with bios updated. I started notebook with key combination win+B and flopy started to read. After a while flopy finished. I waited for a 5 minutes and turn off notebook.
    But nothing happend.

4. lmasal

lmasal MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    If someone can send me some OK version of bios for my notebook. To try with that. Is CRYSIS RECOVERY working with hp compaq notebooks ?

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...