Failed to reintegrated hp pavilion dv2615nr bios rom 2 bytes too big?!?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by chris89, Jan 10, 2013.

1. chris89

chris89 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2011
    So I was building my new bios with my vga bios rom file modded and it's exactly the same size as the original. When I got done and started to reintegrate it came up with an error using SSV2 method and said this file was too bytes too big and I didn't even touch that file at all. It was happy with the modded vga bios. How do I fix this?

For the 7150m should 0.95v in 2d at 100Mhz be sufficient? The stock for 2d was 1.1v and it idles at 55C and loads at 65C. I wanna reduce my idle temp which should be possible especially at only 100mhz core clock. Anyway I changed the throttle voltage to 1.1v from 1.2v at 250mhz which should be fine and I changed the 3d voltage from 1.2 to 1.25 for whatever I can get out of it maybe 600-650Mhz I'm hoping. Anyway it's totally stable at 550Mhz from 425Mhz at the 1.2v.

Here's the files for my bios with the dump and rw everything file and phoenixdell tool I used and my original bios in .exe and in the bios folder as well as the original vga bios rom from the dump backed up and the modded one in the modded folder. As well as the modded vga bios file by the name of OPROM1.rom in the dump folder ready to reintegrate. Anyway if someone can throw it together that would be great! Or help me find out what the issue is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9lrysx2lea4rqq7

[​IMG]

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. chris89

chris89 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2011
  4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  5. chris89

chris89 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2011
    #5 chris89, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    (OP)
    Well the Dynamic method works fine but the result doesn't contain the modded OPROM1.ROM file I placed in the dump. The file you uploaded contains the stock OPROM1.ROM.

Here's the modded OPROM1.ROM if u can integrate it into the rom by replacing the stock one in the dump then it will integrate and the only way to integrate is via the SSV2 Method and not the Dynamic Method since the Dynamic method doesn't touch the DUMP folder or modded modules, it just takes your stock rom file and just sticks SLIC in it and outputs it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?d26d93j611w541l

Holy Crap I got it working! Okay So what I did was I checked the "Ask prior to each modification". One of the modifications for slic was the BIOSCOD4.ROM and for some reason the SLIC modification adds an extra 2 bytes and causes the error. So I clicked no for the SLIC Integration on that file and it worked! How can I just reintegrate with no SLIC at all? Is there any benefit to having slic or just stock? I just don't wanna brick my rig because SLIC tore it a New A-Hole lol

Okay so it didn't work well I put in No SLIC and I didn't get an error at all but didn't integrate the modded OPROM1.ROM I replaced in the dump folder. I know I'm doing something wrong to get the output bios file to contain my modded OPROM1.ROM file...

THANKS

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #6 urie, Jan 11, 2013
    @ chris89, you need SLIC 2.1 for windows 7 activation. The bios you posted has only has SLIC 2.0 for vista is that the latest bios for your model from what I can see it now comes with windows 7.

7. chris89

chris89 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2011
    @ urie

SLIC21 tries to modify BIOSCOD4.ROM and it results in 2 bytes too big. I can still activate my windows 7 x64 no problem so what's the real need for SLIC21? Just to show in the bios that it came with Windows 7 or something?

Now i get this error when I reintegrate with options ask prior to modification, allow user to modify other modules, and NO SLIC since it gave the 2 bytes too big error which I have no idea how to fix. I also don't know how to fix the following error being 13 bytes too big. Please help :)

UPDATE - I actually got it! so I guess according to the hex bits when I changed the voltage too high it switch to 5A from a numbered value so I set the values I wanted to as high I as I could go before going with a 5A like value so the value was like say 69 or 73 rather 5A or whatever in Nibitor voltage table. Then this time I unchecked NO SLIC and only checked ask prior to modification and allow user to modify other modules. It asked a few things about SLIC modifying files then it told me to put the modded file in the dump. So I did and It completed successfully with SLIC21 and the modified vga bios file. So I suppose I'll test it now... Only got 1.21v out of 3d from 1.2v and got a reduction in 2d volts to 0.96v from 1.1v. I hope it works lol...

I did a little testing after successfully flashing the rom to my hp pavilion dv2615nr with the successful vga bios and successful SLIC21. My idle temps went from 55C at 1.1V at 100Mhz to 37C at 0.96V but I haven't tested my new 1.21v 3d from 1.2v so we will have to see once I get Windows 7 installed since I had xp on there to get the RW Everything file. I'm so damn happy I finally got it! Thanks buddy your help means a lot! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 555LE

555LE MDL Expert

Aug 14, 2010
    no problem
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gbhe59kroosoddg

9. chris89

chris89 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2011
    #9 chris89, Jan 11, 2013
    (OP)
    So my question now is what is the minimum and maximum possible voltages for the GeForce 7000 Series in general?

What can u tell me about this table? To tell me what my maximum and minimum is within the amount of bytes phoenixtool will be happy with? How can we determine the answer to that question?

[​IMG]

I can tell you this that phoenixtool is happy with this. However if I push to 1.22v im over my bytes and if i push to 0.95v im over my bytes.

[​IMG]

thanks