Failing to connect a wireless network

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Krnt, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Krnt

Krnt MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2011
    Hi,
    I use a Dual boot Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a HP Pavilion dm1-3260la and it has been working perfectly with the drivers provided by Windows Update.

I recently (like a month ago) saw a new update for my wireless card available in Windows Update, normally I try to avoid to fix what is when something its working fine, but this time I thought that it would have fixed a few little bugs.

It worked fine on my house after the update, also in my university for almost 3 hours until I lost connection for some reason. Tried to reconnect without success, It still recognized the all the wireless networks, but when I tried to connect any of those it said that it couldn't connect to the network, in less than a second, so it wasn't even trying.

The Windows 7 boot on the same laptop connects fine to the networks I want, also the windows 8 can connect flawlessly on my house network.

I read that having multiple default networks can lead you to problems, and 3 of the 5 networks available on my university are set as default, and I don't' know why, because I have never accessed those networks and even less set them as default, and they can't be unchecked for some odd reason.

So I searched in the internet for some solutions, like deleting all the stored network profiles (from the service folder and even from the registry), uninstalling the driver, disabling and enabling the wireless card, and even using the Microsoft automatic troubleshoot, all of them without success.

Any help or ideas are welcome.