fallout 3.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by azrul, Mar 26, 2009.

1. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    cant play my fallout 3,it will crash each time.
    already install codecs and put fallout 3 in exception list.it goes until i start new game and crash.
    so i uninstall codecs,still crash but a second later compare with codecs.
    dont know what to do anymore.
    anyone having this kind of problem with fallout 3?
    can it be resolve?

2. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Can u tell what's the information out when it crash? Like error '150025..' etc

3. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    i browse the internet..and i found out that a lot of people are having problem playing this game.its got something to do with the codecs.
    by the way..the error said..fallout 3 is encountering a problem and need to be close..

4. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I've had weird errors before with fallout 3. The fix to my issues was to install the latest Games For Windows. Apparently, the latest version of the game, the latest patch from Bethsoft that is, requires components from GFW. Even if you don't do online play, the DLLs installed by GFW need to be on your system or it won't work. And yes, posting the exact error would be miles of help! Its been a few weeks or so I see, have you resolved your issues?

5. Joe42

Joe42 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    #6 Joe42, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    Installing codecs for gaming is never a solution. They aren't needed except for a few older games like the Thief or System Shock series, all of which provide the needed codec.

Most games these days use ogg or mp3 which is either natively supported in Windows or comes with it's own DirectShow filter.

As for Fallout 3 and Win7, they just don't seem to get along. I was playing it on Win7 RC for a good month without any problems, then one day the game decided it didn't like Win7 anymore and would freeze up every time I tried to play it.

Thought maybe my save files had somehow become corrupted, so I booted into XP, installed Fallout 3 there and copied over my save files and they worked just fine.

The problem is definitely Win7. Some other games don't like it as well. CoD:WaW comes to mind, as it won't even install.

6. Joe42

Joe42 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    GOTY edition on Win7 x64 Home Premium runs fine. It still locks up and crashes on occassion, but it only seems to do it when in The Pitt's steel yard.

I also got CoD:WaW to work. It installs fine, despite my prior claim. Seems I was getting it mixed up with another title. Turns out the problem with that heap of crap is a major bug where it won't let you create a profile, so you have to do that manually outside the game. Works fine after that until you get pretty far into it and have to call in an artillery strike on a machine gun nest. Can't advance without that strike, but the game won't let you call it in.

7. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Sorry guys,especially to sirsilentbob for not replying sooner.my laptop doesnt even have a graphic card.no point installing the game.should check first.thanks anyway.