Fan created Windows Edition?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by akq, Jun 2, 2016.

1. akq

akq MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2015
    Hi

few times, when i'm installing my or my family Windows from 0%, i have:
    - downloaded newest image of Windows 10 Enterprise from Paul's "X" files
    - removed a ton of crap from the image with MSMG ToolKit and also recreated the image to cut the size of it
    - installed the windows in question
    - downloaded multiple tweaks and applications and executed them to disable/remove/delete/destroy/prevent different kinds of spying and other crap
    - gladly Ninite.com exists, so installing many of my default programs is easy enough

But recently i have been thinking, if there is a fan made edition that is better updated and has the tweaks i like already in it. And where else would i ask such a question than here in MDL.

Does anyone know any nice Windows 10 editions with crap removed, tweaks added and possibly even software installed?

2. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    That would make it a modified image that is now allowed here. Would you trust a modified windows from some random post/server?

3. kuroda

kuroda MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2012
    ..Man,is forbidden post links of windows modified here....

4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #4 Bat.1, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    What one person "Thinks" is the perfect setup will always be different from another persons opinion.

"Homebrew" ISOs aren't allowed to be posted on MDL. You'd be better off looking on a torrent site.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Then woman shall do the job

6. akq

akq MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2015
    Ah s**t. Sorry sorry sorry. i did not realize it but now it makes perfect sense: there are no modified windows images in this whole forum for this apparent.
    Sorry again.

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    You got two choices.

1. Do it yourself, starting with an unmodified pure Microsoft release. Modify, tweak, do whatever you like. Learn what you're doing and why.
    2. Download something already modified somewhere else. Trust that everybody who had their hands in it didn't fill it with malware and keyloggers. Repeat as necessary, be sure to file a police report when your bank accounts are drained.

Choice is clear for us here at MDL, we want to know how it all works, so we do it ourselves.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    You could goto Kickass and find a 8.3GB Win 10 Ent x64 and x86 torrent that was listed about one hour ago. When You get the ISO completely downloaded and mounted in a few Days You'll find a Password Protected .rar file :D Try doing That Survey if You want some Crapware :death: Plus if You do get a password that works, it's Not even Windows :p

9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I'm on Survey 37, they promise that this will be the last one, and I will receive the rar password as long as I buy this iPad, sign up for 3 years of woman's weekly magazine, and refer 50 of my friends

I've got a good feeling about this one, I can smell the password it is so close

10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014