Fan LED switches

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by .Matt., Aug 16, 2010.

1. .Matt.

.Matt. MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi,

recently I bought and assembled a new PC, which has fans with LED lights. The case, a CM 690 II Lite, has a LED on/off switch for the front fan. I'm planning to install some additional fans with LED lights, and I want to control them all with the one switch on the case (that means, turn off the LEDs, not the fans). I thought this could be done by some sort of multiplier cable: 3-pin male (with pins) to multiple 3-pin female connectors.
    My question is: do anyone of you know of such a cable or some other way this would be possible?

Thanks ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. .Matt.

.Matt. MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    Thanks for the replies ^^. However, a solution presented itself. The fans apparently were shipped with a switch (uses up an expansion card slot, but I have plenty of room) to which 3 fans can be connected. In addition, the fans have separate LED connectors: that means that I can now disable the LEDs of all of my fans while keeping them running, by pushing 2 buttons. Not as good as one, but better than nothing (and also better than home-brewing something myself, which then turns out to be exploding or something when used :p).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...