FEAD Optimizer in Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Scann69, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I've got a HP Deskjet and the driver is compressed with FEAD Optimizer. After i run it, where does it decompress to?

Reason i want the files is cos i cannot install the driver as it says my screen resolution is below the recommended 800 x 600 size. I'm using a netbook and my screen resolution is 1024 x 575. Just a little short for the installation and so i'm thinking of manually installing it. Not sure if that works :(

In summary

1. Where are the files stored after it gets decompressed in FEAD Optimizer?

2. How do i force install drivers that require minimum 800x600 resolution to netbook with 1024x575 resolution??

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    extract it and when just let the setup sit there without doing anything or if it errors out do not hit OK when it errors.

Next thing you want to do is open up a command prompt and type in cd %temp% or cd \%temp% then type "explorer ." (yes type the space then the dot), then once the temp directory opens just sort the files by date modified and one of the first directories on that list will be the decompressed files from setup.

3. Scann69

Scann69 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Thank you very much HSChronic. I've managed to find the extracted files. Now i just got to get it installed into my netbook.