Few little questions

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Joe1989, May 29, 2009.

1. Joe1989

Joe1989 MDL Novice

May 29, 2009
    #1 Joe1989, May 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hi all

Been doing a lot of reading and need a few questions answered before i think about flshing my bios and attempting to get this working.

As i see it you need the modified bios with a SLIC key built in, In my case this is the gigabyte DA-X38-DS4 bios with the ASUS SLIC modded into it to.

Got that from here:

http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/20409

So what i need to do, if flash my bios with this, (I think you just write this to a floppy or cd and boot to it and it will flash the motherboard is that correct?) then re-install vista with an OEM CD (Or does retial work? or do i need to reinstall at all)

Currenlty i have a retail trial version for 30 days, Can i use this with the OME SLIC Key? I.E. Just change the cd key and use the SLIC Ultimate key, Or do i need to reinstall with the retial (Or does it need to be OEM CD?) cd and use the OME CD-Key?

Or am i an idot and got this all wrong? if so please help :p

thanks for reading and any help you can offer

Joe

2. Joe1989

Joe1989 MDL Novice

May 29, 2009
    Sorry for the addition to the post above,

It looks like i can live flash from that utility above however i connot do it on 64Bit, So i will install XP 32 Bit to flash the BIOS with,

Do i need to use OEM Disk for the vista install again, or can i use the retial one (Its an ASUS SLIC On the flash)

Also, Am i able to use SPL Keys in the above sticky thread for 64Bit?

thanks

Joe