File Associations

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dkenpachi, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Dkenpachi

Dkenpachi MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    i'm wondering if it just me but my WDP file association rarely works...example my media files always ask to open with what program even tho i already made an association with the program...windows photo gallery at every launch asks for what file to associate with

2. stupidog40

stupidog40 MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2011
    I have noticed this as well--juts noticed this with Adobe PDF files; they are opened by default by Adobe Reader/Acrobat, but the icon association ae not recognized as Adobe. Anyone know how to make the icons appear next to the file name?

3. MAStalks

MAStalks MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2011
    the icon problems were there for me in win 7 :/ idk know what's with the file associations in win8, it's been happening to me too. I'm assuming it's just a change in how they're setting up file associations in the registry? but then again, idk why some associations work and some don't...

4. ctoon6

ctoon6 MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2010
    i had a stupid problem like this too, except my acrobat is broken and will infinitely crash and start back up. i could not change it to use reader x instead so now i have to drag the .pdf files into firefox to view them, pretty bad lol?

5. Dkenpachi

Dkenpachi MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2011
    still haven't found a solution never had this issue with any windows even the previously leaked versions of 8