file explorer jump list bug

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by apoklyps3, Jul 22, 2015.

1. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    anybody else having this issue ? :
    jump.png

my file explorer's jump list doesn't show the most recent used paths. it's stucked instead with those paths you can see in the pic. tried to unpin them but it's impossible.
    it's been this way since the first insider preview I installed , 10130 if i'm not mistaken.

2. labvxe

labvxe MDL Expert

Mar 24, 2015
    Yup that's definitely a bug cause I'm having the same issue

3. dScribe

dScribe MDL Novice

May 28, 2015
    I was able to unpin folder from file explorer's jump list. I had to unpin then repin the folder to quick access in file explorer to get it back on the jump list. You might try opening file explorer and unpinning from quick access and then see what you can do.

4. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    thanks. it worked ...till a point.
    still can't get rid of documents and downloads "clones" from jump list. even though i have unpinned them like 10 times from quickaccess.
    View attachment 37477

it would have been so much better if microsoft made that list editable or at least with the option to show locations from "my computer"...:sneaky:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    No problems for me, could pin, unpin with no problems!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    It's really frustrating to see that features that were working flawless and without issues for so many years now seem to have bugs for no reason...

7. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    #7 apoklyps3, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    (OP)

fresh install of RTM or updated from insider preview?

8. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Go to File Explorer Options and clear the boxes under 'Privacy'.

9. xomniversex

xomniversex MDL Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Yes, this happens in any case where I pin 10 or so items. I think it is by design rather than a bug, unfortunately. Well, not the being unable to unpin part, that is clearly a bug.

There seems to be a hard limit of items it populates the list with. So if you pin so many items it won't show any recent.

The registry setting that Windows 7-8.1 honors to determine the maximum number of items is not honored in Windows 10.

I am hoping a third party will release a tool that restores the DirectUI jumplists. If not, I hope Microsoft will eventually throw power users a bone and let us customize the maximum number of items in this XAML version.

Why is it that every XAML successor to DirectUI has less features and more issues?

BTW, I found that you can access a DirectUI jumplist by installing Classic Shell, and pinning the offending item to the start menu. Then access the jumplist from the Classic Shell menu.

10. apoklyps3

apoklyps3 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    it's definitely a bug. I haven't pinned anything. it should just show the last accessed folders, but instead it shows me 5-6 clones of "Downloads"

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Both on two machines!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...