File Server

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by muhamed, Apr 12, 2013.

1. muhamed

muhamed MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2013
    Hi guys, I'm looking for file server for enterprise network. I tested few file servers, but i need your help guys. Please tell me which file server do you using, what features they have such as security, log management and report etc.

Thank you,

Muhamed

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    File Server and/or Application Server? What Environment?

There so many questions, so best would be what you're looking for. You must have some Idea because you're looking for an Enterprise Solution. Otr is your question just rethoric?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. muhamed

muhamed MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2013
    Sorry for bad question. We have 6 branch office and over 1000 employees. Now we are using windows 2008 file server. But it is not perfect solution. We need file server that supports high performance, active director integrity, flexible permission policy, log management and report.

4. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    if you use IIS and configure it properly it can do lots of stuff including what you are asking for. its built into windows and is easy to install and has a in depth control panel!!

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Personally I wouldn't use Windows Server 2008 for an multi location network. I would go for an stable Linux Server.

The later also would need less Hardware power than a Windows Server, and more important, Linux is much more stable than Windows Server. More secure as well because if connected to the Internet, which is in this case because of the multi location network, a Linux Server would be 99.99% of it's connection time secure from attack, virus and so on!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009