file shairing on win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lovewisher, Jun 25, 2012.

1. lovewisher

lovewisher MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2012
    hi frineds i want to shair my pc and latop both have win7 ultimate sp1 i done al thing but always geting this on both laptop and pc can any body help me

Attached Files:

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Make sure you have the same user&password combination on both PC & laptop. ;)
    Go to File Sharing at the Network and Sharing Center -> Change Advanced Sharing Settings -> select Turn on network discovery & Turn on file and printer sharing.
    Also make sure you're in the same workgroup : Control Panel -> All control panel items -> system

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lovewisher

lovewisher MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2012
    already done all things and disable password

4. im bored

im bored MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    #4 im bored, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    Are you trying to file share using the WORKGROUP or are you setting up using the HomeGroup???

Have you used any Programs to tweak windows like Windows 7 Manager or something similar?? (a lot of programs like that have the tendency to turn off useful services causing issues like this one for example)

5. Southern Belle

Southern Belle MDL Novice

May 31, 2012
    i have the same sort of problem with sharing files from the laptop and my pc's it won't do it but also can't get into my windows 7 pc files from my xp system but can access my xp files from the windows 7 pc but can't share anything from my laptop to either systems.

so if there is a fix i would love to know it thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Don't know if it is your problem but Windows XP machines that are not running service pack 3 need to install the LLTD responder fix from Microsoft.

7. Southern Belle

Southern Belle MDL Novice

May 31, 2012
    my xp has sp3 installed as far as i can remember