File SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by altrego99, Jun 11, 2010.

1. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    #1 altrego99, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    I ran "sfc /scannow" since KB980218 was not installing in my desktop. After running it sfc tells me C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\iassdo.dll.mui is corrupt.

Could someone please share this file? It is only about 6kb.

I checked, the strange thing is when I extract the file from installation CD (from sources\install.wim), it is same as the file I already have! Many other people seem to have problem with this file based on google search results. Not sure what is the source of this confusion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    If you could share the file, you can use the forum tools - 1) reply 2) go advanced 3) attached the file 4) submit.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Haven't ran scannow that often, but when I have, the system always replaces it out of cab files or something (sometimes ask for install disc). Are you sure it hasn't been replaced already??

4. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    I am quite sure - I ran it multiple times (rebooting each time and checking). It showed that the original file is also corrupted. I then checked it with manually extracting the sources\install.wim file from the DVD - and it matched with the fille that sfc thinks is corrupted!

This is what sfc says exactly:
    2010-06-12 00:40:55, Info CSI 0000029e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corrupted

I have attached the 'corrupted' file if anyone wants to see.

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    To cut the long story short, I copied the file from a friend's OEM DVD, and it did not still work.

Then I repaired windows with his DVD. And since then things are good. The update 980218 did not show up yet, it might have been some kind of glitch which made it appear in the previous installation.

6. marcusj0015

marcusj0015 MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2009
  7. altrego99

altrego99 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    Thank you so much Markus. I have already fixed this problem (as I mentioned in the last post), by doing a full repair. It took about 2 hours (in comparison installation in empty disk took about 15 minutes). After the first reboot there was no disk activity for a long time so I got scared, but then it resumed. But it worked!

Before doing the full repair, I tried replacing the file from a friend's DVD - and sfc /scannow for the file matched. But the update did not work. Hence I went forth with the full repair.

Having said that, though I did not have the chance to use it, thanks again for your taking time to upload the file, I really appreciate it.

8. vahidjavani

vahidjavani MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2012
    hi
    I'm sorry I brought this topic up!!!!
    I have the same problem you have...
    I do not want to upgrade my Windows
    Is there any other method?
    Is the above method will solve this problem?

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No one mentioned upgrade it was a Repair Install.

10. vahidjavani

vahidjavani MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2012
    @urie
    thanks for your answer
    how can i repair windows with dvd?

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. vahidjavani

vahidjavani MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2012
    11. Click on the Upgrade option. (see screenshot below)

thanks for your answer:tankyou::tankyou:

13. TiVoGlObE

TiVoGlObE MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2014
    hahaha

this is not a movie file to just copy paste dude, its a sys file with links to tons of sub functions...