filezilla FTP problem

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by paul3200, Jun 6, 2011.

1. paul3200

paul3200 Guest

i have just set up a home FTP server with filezilla server on windows XP
    i also used no-ip.com to make a web address for it but when i try to go onto my ftp (through the address i made) it goes to my router and tells me to log into it

how can i change it so that it goes to my files not the router??

thanks

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Have you correctly opened the correct port within your router (assuming port 21 for ftp) and pointed it to the shared server folder?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paul3200

paul3200 Guest

i have opened the port but how do you direct it??

4. alma111

alma111 MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2011
    FileZilla ftp installation problem

Hey I'm having some trouble with this ftp. I'd appreciate any help.

I downloaded FileZilla and saved it. But it hasn't installed itself and I can't get the program to run. I'm not too computer savvy. What should I do?

Thanks.

5. Sodde

Sodde MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2010
    In both cases, before doing anything more, make sure that you disable any Antivirus/spyware programs that you have running and then make sure that your firewall (in windows) is allowing access for filezilla. Once you've done that, try to connect again. if you connect, restart you AV software. If you can't install filezilla, there's something wrong with the file you downloaded (not correct for OS of corrupt). Download the correct version for your OS and try again. I'd need more detailed info if you need further help, just saying "it doesn't work" won't help much.

6. Sodde

Sodde MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2010
    paul3200
    It sounds like you've set your no-ip address to monitor your router IP address, i.e. 192.168.x.x, where you should have it monitor your WAN address. go to whatsmyip.org and the IP given at the top of the web page is the IP address required by no-ip.

7. chidau

chidau MDL Novice

May 14, 2013
    maybe your program is broken. let try to download another
    i often use this version
    9utility.com/filezilla-installer/