Final Question before flashing. is this "safe"

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Svend Rugaard, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Hello - I have in long time watch this forum, and try to figure out some things, because i have a Motherboard from Asrock - Called ALiveNF7G-HDready - and its like its a OEM card - there is ready to be Sold to OEM builders, because when i watch like Everst and other tools like R-W Everthing, the Actually ID it say in all fields normally where you get the Manufacture names etc it just says "Filled by the OEM" - And thats why im not sure that its safe for me to flash my BIOS after SLIC 2.1 Modified it.

Its a AMIbios there is in it , and i was try to use the latest AMIBios Tool found on this site -

1. I downloaded latest bios 2.10

2. Use AMI bios Tool - The Tool Recoignize it as it should do as a Asrock board. i now choose the Certifacte as ASUS (I believe ASUS should be the right as There wasnt any Asrock and its ASUS who actually make Asrock product or am i mistaken here ?) .. I choose the SLIC and actually i just press "GO" ..

3. It Success and its Firsttime it actually does that - because my GIGABYTE 330 card didnt Success with that try on that so maybe it Actually is Windows 7 activate capable now, but when i then watch the info about the new bios rom, it now Says its a ASUS Notebook - And thats why im unsure if its safe for me to flash it.

4. Im Unsure because i now see the nVIDIA experimental threat, and it is a nForce Chipset with AMIbios , thats why im Unsure if its actually the right Method Using ... or have nVidia actually Release come in to the BIOS marked with there own.

5. Can i be sure if i Flash the Because its actually work even the new Info on the Board have got SLIC Table 2.1added and it says its a ASUS netbook, i thinking - This is just because the Cert and SLIC is given it a name and the main board its just a Text so its like it just Chance the "Filled by OEM" to "_asus_notebook_"

2. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    All you can really do, is make sure you know what you do, if it goes wrong. Panicking is the last thing you need when things go wrong. Just make sure you know what you do for bios flash gone wrong with your type of board.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Whatever you do, keep your fingers crossed, because that board does NOT have any kind of BIOS recovery method available! If you brick the board, your only option is to either get pre-programmed chip W25X40 or get your hand on suitable SPI programmer.

I found out this by the hard way as I bricked a month old MB with regulard BIOS update. ASRock excuse: "We did not have enough room in BIOS to include any recovery procedure". Good luck for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leyton01

leyton01 MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2008
    Were you successful in flashing and then activating with this board?

If so are you able to supply the modded BIOS?

Cheers,
    Leyton

5. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Sorry about this .. I flash the BIOS and it worked like a charm .. i was actually trying to find the topic that time, but because i was reinstalling to make sure my windows was 100 Procent clean i forgot about this topic .. :S .. My Mistake .. but i think the bios is release if it isnt i can still add it .. :)