Finding My Legit Windows 7 Code...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by old_school_Gamer, May 16, 2014.

1. old_school_Gamer

old_school_Gamer MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2014
    Hi all, i am trying to fix my brothers laptop, well i say fix, but all i want to do is re-install Windows 7 Home premium.
    Unfortunately, the license sticker under the laptop is now ripped/worn out. Is there a way i can retrieve this licence, so that i can re-install Windows and use the same licence, making it a legit copy?

Thanks for any help people.

OSG.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. Thamarai

Thamarai MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    You can retrieve the OEM:COA key from your installed Windows 7 Home Premium, but i guess it won't be case here. Because most of the branded PCs/Laps comes with pre-installed OEM:SLP Universal Keys. If that's not the case you can always retrieve the key from your system by using Product Key finder. Or if you have the barcode you can contact the seller or Microsoft and ask for the copy of the license key

Thanks

4. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    @Urie

Hi there sorry, yea its an HP laptop, and i believe it came with the Windows pre-installed. The laptop boots up on to the desktop. How ever, some times, he says it just boots up and a black screen comes up with a load of txt/coding? im guessing maybe a few files got corrupted? By the looks of things, he has dropped it at some point as there is a crack on one of the corners. So a clean install may fix this?

The HDD has 2 partitions on it (C:) & (F:) F: is 1.98GB in size,

When i right-click on computer> it says near the bottom: Windows is activated > Product ID: this has numbers but with the letters OEM after the 1st set of numbers?
    Sorry im just not good at this stuff lol.

I will try and use the above program/tool you linked to and see what pops up.
    Thanks for the help mate.

OSG

5. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    Urie again im sorry, ok i popped the Slic - Tool kit on to my USB and ran it, i clicked SAVE and it saved a .bin file to my USB named: HPQOEMSLIC-MPC_V2.1.bin

Was that right lol?

OSG.

6. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    Well i have just ran 2 free programs called: Belarc Advisor & Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.
    Both showed the ID & the actual Key, both were identical as well. So would this be safe to just clean install and just use the Key that the programs listed? lol o_O

7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    S1ave77:
    I ran it mate what am i looking for? it said Validity: Valid and the Key displayed matched the one listed in the two programs i ran.
    Again sorry for my noobish ways lol.

Thanks for all the help people.

OSG.

9. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Then install system and try the keys :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    It failed to verify via online, when i right-click computer and click activate now, it says : The Windows 7 Home Premium product key you typed is invalid for activation.

Looks like i might just have to use the windows loader lol.
    Thanks for all the help though people.

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    lol well win loader still makes it legit, you have the right system and OS, it will insert the cert and key for you is all.

12. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    Lol cheers mate :)

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    That is because it is an OEM:SLP key you also need to install the matching certificate that you saved with SlickToolkit. Anyway as stated loader will install OEM:SLP key and certificate for you.

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  15. old_school_Gamer

Mar 8, 2014
    Yea i the end i just ran the loader. Thanks any way for all the help people :)