Firefox Add ON: Hello Beta

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ThomasMann, Mar 20, 2016.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    #1 ThomasMann, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    What is Firefox extension Hello Beta?
    What does it do?
    Why does it not show up in the Firefox list of Add Ons, while ccleaner shows it to be an installed Add On?

When updating to Ff 45.0.1, the softare was kind enough to decide in my place what language I am supposed to be using.
    When someone visits Tokyo, like I do right now, does everyonr get a germnen Firefox installed here? I downloaded the update via the Ff pop up, instead of from File Hippo, as I do normally.

Thank you....

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    If you want to disable Hello type about:config in your browser and then type loop.enabled and set it to false.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Not pessary from what I know (FF49+), the hello thingy will completely removed and be opt-in as addon. I think this is a good step because it in the past got massive sh*tstorm because it was integrated in FF + activated by default.

4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    The point I am making is, that it does NOT turn up when you open the add on page in Firefox...
    Ccleaner however will you that there is such an add on installed.

I know this will never happen, but... God, would I be happy if someone came up with a usable browser, so everyone could tell Mozilla to stick their browser where the sun dont shine.

5. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    You can always switch to a Firefox-based browser like PaleMoon, Waterfox or Cyberfox. That's what I did. I'm using Cyberfox and it can be customized as one pleases.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Same here x64 Cyberfox for many years now. :dance1:

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    same here dude is fine :p

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    No, they cannot do what I want them to do, tried them, returned to Ff.
    (It is my problem, I do not blame anyone for it. I am talking about all the changes that Mozilla calls improvements)