Firefox freeze!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Tiger-1, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi in some minute ago I was surfing on web then I decided see some news on MSN when suddenly I see this image below and Firefox simply freeze completely??? so I need open task manager and kill Firefox :eek: someone here already see this behaviour ;):confused:

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mozilla used to freeze once in a while in the past for me.i changed my default browser to chrome and so for no problem.:rolleyes:

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm change browser is not solution dude I want know reason of problem ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. punder

punder MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2018
    If you are experiencing blue screen crashes, this most often relates to an incompatibility with a device driver, particularly graphics drivers. Go into Firefox's Safe Mode and disable Firefox's use of hardware acceleration for graphics.

Assuming Firefox is closed:
    Hold down the shift key when starting Firefox. You should get a small dialog. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Reset).
    (If Firefox is running, use Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled to call up the dialog.)
    In Firefox, open the Options dialog to the Advanced tab:
    orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced
    On the "General" mini-tab, uncheck the box for "Use hardware acceleration when available"
    This will take effect after you exit Firefox and start it up again (in normal mode).

if this problem is not resolves try submit it to Mozilla and share it with forum volunteers to see whether it points to the solution. Please check the support article
    Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ punder :welcome:to MDL, well thanks for your help but I already make this options and still I see in another forum one issue like as my but related to mobile devices so: you want install addon for mobile but user was using PC! strange no then anyway I can go to Mozilla forum to see something more one time thanks :)