Firefox is changing

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Katzenfreund, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    FF57 could be the version that pushes me to Chrome, they're killing support for a load of useful addons, already happened in Nightly afaik

3. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    yes i know what you mean, you see outdated to appear in your addons but those addons still work , after testing them dispite the fact that outadted message appears on these addons, you notice they still do the job like "ublock origin and greasemonkey", they still block all advertising on the net, so that's good news, we will see what wil happen in the next weeks after the new firefox update release.

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Firefox is changing? ...I do not believe, it is already so bad that no more cannot get worse.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  7. kerees

kerees MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2017
    Hi, companion! :hug2: I knew I was one the last few on earth still using it, it's always nice to meet another Highlander, and btw, I too really enjoy Edge besides Opera. Cheers :cheers:

IMO, FireFox is going to loose even more users not gaining new ones.

8. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    No ad blocking? :shok: :moon: :moon::moon: to that.

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    is simple dude only not make use it:sneaky:;)

10. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    #10 wyatt23, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    At the minute they say "Legacy" but still work, but apparently with v.57 they will be disabled unless the devs update them to a new standard, which a lot of them will not

12. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    When the new Ff comes out, I expect that most existing add-ons won’t work or work erratically. No doubt many will be rewritten, but which ones and when, it’s anybody’s guess. Unless Ff picks up in popularity, I don’t see excessive enthusiasm on the part of add-on developers. Bear also in mind that new versions of the add-ons may have bugs and security holes. So I wouldn't advise too much of a hurry to switch over to the new edition.

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  14. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    And thank you for your post. Slimjet looks interesting. :)

15. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes, the way to go, at least there will be half a year to read all the reviews from users. But I have little hope. Changing from a fox to some idiotic superhero is an obvious sign they are aiming at a large share of the retard market, where no one has the questions we here have.

They do not give a f…. about the 6% users they still have who are using Ff in spite of all the insulting changes they made. Probably ányway because by now they have understood that most of them only use Ff, because there is no really usable alternative.

They obviously read Dave Egger’s “The Cicle” and seeing all the money that can be made, like Uncle Scrooge, their pupils turned into $-Signs. They want more “profit” because “no-profit or not”, management income raises depend on more money coming in.

“Firefox’s recent failures to disclosure of a possible membership plan to make money. In its bid to reclaim lost relevance, the nonprofit organization is also counting on software beyond the browser, financial growth that should help it survive, and even online services that challenge Google’s search power.”

Yes, who would not want to pay for something that used to be free, just to then end up with another google?

And what I about that: “The title bar across the top of the browser will become dark.”

Now I am convinced, IK gotta have that…. But it gets even better:

“Mozilla is also developing artificial intelligence technology to spot any problems that might come from all the changes. The team trained an AI to learn what correctly rendered websites look like so it can raise the alarm when something looks wrong, Mayo says. Regular old humans also test the new tech, too.”

So all that ever happens on OUR computer can and will go straight to Mozilla?

16. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I agree with you 100% then us only wait till FF 57

17. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    #19 wyatt23, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017

Making it metro style Has taken the fire out of it, like its had a bucket of water chucked over it.

Flat metro style stuff always looks crap. Probably some social media addicted snot straight from school said "hey, i got a really good idea".

18. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    So thats the end of Ff. Looks like Opera or this new Slimjet are the best alternatives.