Firefox: "Server Not Found" Error!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by radiuss, Jun 1, 2014.

1. radiuss

radiuss MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    Hello!

I've tried basically everything: created new profile, unchecked hardware acceleration, system restore, went into about:config and changing two certain values to true that was suggested on the Firefox help page. It's not my router, disconnected waited plugged back in a couple times....im running out of ideas. Also ran malware bytes twice, it found two infected files that were qurantined but the problem persists

Please help if you can thanks!

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Did you run an Torrent Client Apps like uTorrent, MediaGet etc.? Stop that apps and try again! Could be a problem of your Firewall!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. radiuss

radiuss MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    thanks and yes I have checked my firewall and everything is ok there. It may just be a glitch I don't know, it only happens on some sites, maybe 10 percent of the time. But still annoying.

4. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    maybe a dns related issue?
    if you use the default dns of your provider, try to use google's dns : 8.8.8.8

5. radiuss

radiuss MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    I tried that and the result is the same. For example I do to Drudgereport and click on 6 or 7 links maybe one of those links will result in a server not found error. Just annoying right now. Is there anything else I can do? I think I've tried everything though.

6. regalbatman

regalbatman MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2014
    I had a similar problem .Fixed it by disabling DNS prefetching

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/server-not-found-connection-problem#w_dns-prefetching