Firefox's Bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Happpy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, All!

Where Firefox's all bookmarks save in computer (as the favorites of Internet Explorer?) I mean what's their original location in computer?

Regards,

2. dabits

dabits Guest

I used to backup this:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<...>.default\bookmarkbackups

bookmarks-2010-09-30.json

3. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    look here:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\????????.default\places.sqlite

4. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    I couldn't understand both of you. Please tell me where those Bookmarks will be stored in form of separately HTML files.

5. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    #5 Bosh, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    Both of the answers above were right

Open the "execute" window (WindowsKey+R) and copy and paste this (without the quotes):

"%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\" (remove the space between "Pro" and "files", when I correct the post it shows again)

open the folder you will see there, and you will find the bookmarks.html.

6. unknownzd

unknownzd MDL Member

Jul 28, 2008
    lol they are not stored in the form of separated HTML files @ all ........ instead it is being saved in a SQL lite database file / single HTML file that stored on your computer (only IE use crappy HTML shortcut which is crappy and space wasting)

7. technews

technews MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    Happpy,
    I think you want to backup your bookmarks.. ie. y u asking for the location ?..
    If yes, then there is a simple way..
    Go to 'bookmarks' then click on organise bookmarks,
    now a new window pops up !... in the left pane you can see bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu etc..
    click on bookmarks menu!
    then u can see the list of bookmarks in your right pane..

on the top of window, you can see "import and backup"... click on it and choose "export html "

save it to any location of ur choise... :D :D :D

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    You can save bookmarks in both Firefox and Chrome (at least I can vouch for these 2 since I use these) to any location on your computer. I save bookmarks on a separate non-OS partition. Then both Firefox and Chrome and IE can import them. So bookmarks across all browsers are the same generally.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. dabits

dabits Guest

If you don't click "export HTML" but "backup" you save today's .json ... with all your bookmarks in it.
    With "restore" you can select a backup to restore it.
    That's what I do.

Choose whichever way you like, just backup ... just in case ;)