First SLP Bios Attempt

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by azhoss, May 17, 2009.

1. azhoss

azhoss MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2008
    SLP Bios Mod Only-Is This Right?

Is it really this simple? Please let me know because this is my first attempt and I didn't want to trash my motherboard.
    I copied Modbin(version:6_2.04.01, dated 2/14/2007) and the bios file I am currently using(0804.bin, dated 9/21/2007) into a new folder with nothing but those 2 files in it.I then opened a command prompt window, opened my bios file with Modbin.I cursored down to "Change BIOS Message" and hit "Enter". I changed BIOS Message from "Asus Crosshair ACPI Bios Revision 0804" to "ASUS_FLASH ACPI BIOS Revision 0804".I intentionally left extra spaces after ASUS_FLASH to keep the total number of characters identical to the original BIOS Message.From what I have read this last step wasn't required, better safe. Next I cursored up to "File", hit "Enter", cursored to "Save File", saved the now modded bios under another name and exited Modbin. I deleted all of the files in this directory except Modbin and my modded bios file. I went back and opened my modded bios file with Modbin to check it and the new Bios Message looked fine.

Have I correctly modded my bios? After I flash bios with modded bios will SLP be enabled?

Thank You for anyone willing to advise me.
    azhoss

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...