First Timer - BIOS MOD - Would like to do it myself

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Junner2003, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Junner2003

Junner2003 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2008
  2. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I have not done this, but from what i have read, ami and award are the two simplest to mod your bios for.

Have you checked to see if there already is a bios modded on this site?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  4. Junner2003

Junner2003 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2008
    #5 Junner2003, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    (OP)
    Yeah,
    Those are pretty cool and easy-of-use instructions / tools, yet, as mentioned in my initial post: I would like to do it myself, meaning, I would like to learn how to edit an AMI BIOS, change things, add things and so on. The tools are doing all the fun work for me, so, there is no excitement.

One of the reasons why I would like to learn it myself: There are a couple of BIOS settings which are enabled on default and I would like to change that. For example, a Floppy drive is always 'enabled' when I restore factory defaults even though there is no Floppy installed on my computer.
    Adding the SLIC Tables to my BIOS is only a bonus for me, yet, getting the BIOS really 'customized' is my main goal, if you understand what I am talking about? :)

Also, does anybody know how to extract / change the BOOT SCREEN on AMI BIOSes? As far as I know, this should be a stright forward DCX format, isn't it?

5. searchengine

searchengine Guest

@NoJuan999 ...

cheers, I hadn't realized should not add Cert at same time as Slic ... I'll remember that, next time I mod my bios :cool:

@Junner2003 ...

ASUS Update v7.17.02 will have a MyLogo.exe in it, that can be used to change bmp image of Bios Boot Logo ... support 640x480 256 colour images ... incorrect image sizes and colour depths can result in bad bios.