Flash bios?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by robalm, Sep 28, 2010.

1. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thinking of flashing the bios because of problems with CrossFire, there is only one bios is newer, and it says:
    "P5Q Deluxe BIOS 2301
    Fix CPU Q-fan function May Fail after S4 resume "
    Is it everything they've fixed so there is surely no reason?
    Or have they fixed other things as well?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Is it really true that no one knows, not even one off the "bios professionals admin" who are here on the forum?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hi,
    you've posted at the wrong section (BIOS is no hardware), so your thread is hardly to find!
    A BIOS is very specific regarding initializing the hardware.
    This is a question to be addressed to the Asus support team.
    You haven't posted about what exactly is your issue. I assume it's rather an driver issue....

I would say even an 'expert' here cannot answer your question.
    I would love to help you, but I'm not able to. IMO Asus would have put that into the changelog if they have fixed something about crossfire..so the latest BIOS is probably no help for you.
    To get finally proof you have to try the new bios.

You are customer of Asus and you have the right to ask the support team. I have an Asus board as well and had an issue when building my new PC last April. They have kindly answered all my questions about.
    Give it a try.

4. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you for all the tips.
    The problem I have is that in some games such as Crysis, the picture freezes. I have tried to run one card at the time, and then it works perceft.Have heard that the P5Q has had problems with 4850 in crossfire, but it was among the first bios for P5Q deluxe.
    And sorry for the wrong wrong section post.

5. pulse6

pulse6 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2010
    Whether or not the new bios could possibly fix your problem, I can't say. I also can't say whether the new bios has any changes beyond what is listed. What I can say is that it is common for an Asus bios to have changes not listed. Yen's advice is good. One more reason to follow this advice is that Asus often has bios mods they do not make available officially. Mods to fix specific problems that are not worth the testing procedure needed for an official bios update. Even if the public bios update does not fix your problem, it is possible Asus has another bios update that will. Or the problem may have nothing to do with the bios :)

6. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #6 robalm, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
    (OP)