Flash videos sound distorted in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xiu, Aug 14, 2012.

1. xiu

xiu MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    flash videos sound distorted and the sound is really messed up on any browser other than Internet Explorer. On IE all videos sound great but I don't want to use IE. I've installed flash plugin for browser and for Windows and I can't seem to fix this. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    you shouldn't be surprised at all. most software publishers haven't officially released updates compatible for use in windows 8. from october 26, all software vendors will have windows 8 compatible updates.

be patient.

3. xiu

xiu MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    Yes I understand this but from what I've seen from looking through google no one else is having this problem with Windows 8. It doesn't do it to all videos just most of them or when the sound is at a certain frequency it seems like. It sounds like I'm listening to audio underwater.

4. xiu

xiu MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    No else has really had this problem besides me? :confused:

5. xiu

xiu MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    Update to this thread for anyone else who is having this but doesn't know answer.

I've reinstalled all audio drivers and messed around with them with still no luck. The sound is only affected on SOME youtube videos (about half of them). I also noticed it effects the sound on Winamp for some reason? leading me to believe it might not just be flash but something else. So far the only things I've noticed are effected by this is some youtube videos and winamp. I can listen to the same songs on grooveshark and no problems at all.

I'm using the RocketFish 7.1 sound card.

Youtube videos that are effected still work perfectly in IE just no other browsers

6. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Maybe the soundcard is not full compatable with windows 8 and only partially is.

7. xiu

xiu MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    I sent you a PM odiebugs containing the youtube videos that work in IE but no other browsers, I can't post links since I don't have 20+ posts