Flashing Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G Modded Slic2.1 bios with @Bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by U-Fig, May 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    #1 U-Fig, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
    hey Guys,
    little question,since i've been reading a lot on these forums about modBios flashing.
    i noticed that some ppl have good results using a windows based Flashprogram.

my intention is to use @bios and when i fire it up it recognizes the bios correct(current is F16a the one i want to flash is modded version F15, @bios is happy to flash the bios for me.
    i know for fact that @bios will give error when trying to flash a bios that is not supported on this MB

i do know that i need to clear the DMI data pool and sorts, but is it advisable to default the current bios first before flashing the modded one or can i just go ahead and use @bios to flash bios with a checkmark placed @ "load CMOS defaults after bios update"
    and "clear DMI data pool"

ehr no, i found the info i was looking for and i will NOT flash from windows.
    never had any problems using @bios before, even when flashing from a X64 Environment , but i don't want to try my luck and brick my board in the process

stupid me for not reading more thouroughly :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Never use a windows based flashing program.....because it doesnt work well. I flashed my Gigabyte mobo in 2008 and always got problems with booting....it didnt pass the bios check and suddenly turned off power and turned it on automaticly to get passed the bios check.....after a few months i flashed in dos and guess what......all my problems where gone.

Just flash the bios with the tool in the zip file provided by Gigabyte.

3. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    #3 U-Fig, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
    (OP)
    well, downloaded original bios from Gigabyte website, tried to flash using FLASHPI.exe from Pure DOS, supplied with 7z package from gigabyte, to no avail.
    FLASHPI.exe tells me that the Chipset (nForce 430) is not supported yet,
    flashed original F15 bios using QFlash, clearing DMI in the process.

now, can i still update with Modded F15 using QFlash, or is that also not advisable?

thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    complete and utter SUCCESS!!!!!

used QFlash to flash teh modded bios, uninstalled loader, reboot, slmgr.vbs -ilc /-ipk /-ato and IT WORKED
    already checked on microsoft.com/genuine and it tells me that validation was a success.

will post my bios,license and used product key in

"All posted Gigabyte modified 2.1 bios (Modded Bios List) Thread so far."

it is true, while loaders are easy to use, no loader can beat the elegance of a TRUE bios mod

i'm a very happy 'puter user now