Folder issue. Old but nothing is working. -_-

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Shiva64, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Shiva64

Shiva64 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    #1 Shiva64, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #2 silvergate, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. Shiva64

Shiva64 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Not a virus. I've done multiple virus scans with multiple virus scanners. Uninstalled one to use another. And all were updated to use the latest everything. Now I'm back to using my normal one, which is AVG. I also use Ad-Aware AE, and that is also fully updated, and fully scanned. Also used multiple scanners of the sort, same method and story with the virus scanners. Nothing. Just came out of nowhere.

I've tried multiple things and nothing has worked. This is a common bug in vista, but apparently there's no one fix for it as I've just found out. I have even tried uninstalling a lot of programs that I've installed, and that still hasn't fixed anything. Installed them all back, still no difference (did everything one at a time with both uninstall and install). Windows Update also was no help. That just made it so Pidgin would not work anymore, along with a few other programs, so I had to remove the updates (I only installed the ones that you could remove, as I'm very iffy about their updates as I've had too many problems in the past). Mind you, this started happening before even using Windows Update, and the problem with Pidgin was fixed, but the main one I'm having is not. I have also used CCleaner to get rid of old registry entries, still no change.

If I knew how the problem started, I would've said something. I posted this on the day after I had the problem, as I was trying the two registry fixes and seeing if any of my methods could work.

Some help is appreciated, and possibly an actual fix. -_-