Force it to show local accounts

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by markokk888, Jul 25, 2020.

1. markokk888

markokk888 MDL Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    #1 markokk888, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    If the primary default account is Microsoft account is there any way to force at logon screen to show local accounts ? Is it possible to change something via cmd ? Can't login to Microsoft account.
    Already enabled local administrator account via cmd but it still shows only Microsoft account.
    Already tryed some tricks, editing some specific settings via regedit, still no luck.
    How can i login to local admin account ? No matter what i try it only shows that specific default Microsoft account, i don't have access to it.

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If You really can't see built in Administrator account on login screen and if it is really opened/allowed correctly, then Your windows is most likely damaged.
    Another thing is - why You can't login with microsoft account? What's the reason?
    Here is how to enable built in Administrator account:
    Use whatever method to run cmd.exe as administrator and run the folloeing command
    net user administrator /active:yes
    restart computer and it must be available and usable. If You havent changed it, then it doesn't have any password.
    If it will not appear, boot Your computer using some bootable media and backup personal files or move them to another partition or another drive and after that is the only thing You have to do - it's new clean install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. markokk888

Aug 13, 2012
    #3 markokk888, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    (OP)
    Already did that, thats the thing in cmd it shows that admin account is already enabled but at login screen still shows only microsoft account, stranger things i guess... o_O

4. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Well, it's absolutely clear that Windows is corrupted and needs to be restored. What the question, there's nothing else to do?
    If you have any backup, restore. If not, then the only option I have said above.
    There are no other options, apart from the fact that you can change your Microsoft account password from any computer and you won't have any more problems signing in, but Windows itself is still faulty.
    There is no point in just waiting and declaring that nothing is working. It has long been clear that it is not working.
    Windows installation takes no longer than 35-45 minutes, depending on your computer and skills. And that's fine, just put your files back and you're done. Why wait?
    It is necessary to act, nothing will improve there itself.

6. markokk888

Aug 13, 2012
    #7 markokk888, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    (OP)
    Thats not the point. Its more like a challenge. I see often people avoiding windows 10 problems and not trying to solve them. Strange times... Yeah i can backup the files and reinstall everything, but that was not the point.

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If that's not the point,....
    • But then - what is then the real point or what's the Your point at moment? Or what is the point of this post?
    • What do You want or what exactly You wanted to prove or achieve with it?
    • Or were you just bored and wanted to irritate people to write something?

8. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Follow the steps here & you will make your MS Account Local + remove the password: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...soft-account-password-hack.40631/#post-686340
    Still works with Win10...