Forced W10 instead of update for w7 -X64 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Orgon, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    #1 Orgon, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Hello
    Thanks to my stupidity (one is always smart after undesirable faults) I did manually allow WU to install updates for OS W7-x64 Ultimate(installed with Service Pack1) that is (was - as of today 2015-12-14) recognized Genuine by Microsoft Software including product key.
    During 4 hours the OS performed the process of preparing to install files, check compatibility, available space, … , prior to installing this on system drive.[I admit being a tad skeptical to the vast amount of time, but did not dare to turn off the main power on the tabletop PC as this is challenging the original 400GB files with possibility of 100% delete from computer).
    After this the next step is to allow these files to be checked (by M$) so it can be ready for writing to HDD (WD); C:.Another 2 hours and I accepted this (for performance optimization) part of the process.Then the computer had to do some restarts for the updated files to be stored at the right places in the OS, and demanded my attention to accept the prompts that followed for the software to work properly; another hour more.
    So, the computer restarts and …,___, …., …., ___,…, ___, still waiting, ___, …; “Welcome to Windows10”.WTF!
    *I never chose to accept new OS W10 to be installed and exchanged instead of W7 -x64 at this time, as it is very new and buggy – including the fact that its’ UI is awful in graphics (unlike the nice W7). This new OS is still in its’ “test mode” and not yet to my liking with suspect performance.[Perhaps in the future, maybe within one year, I will have a different opinion].*
    (I guess that all of the files had at the time to be uploaded to the memory in chronology to the older files during the time consuming write/rewrite sessions that HDD is enduring.)Then, a dialogue box informs me that the ongoing processes can be stopped, and as I do not have any more time to spare, click that box for that work to be done at later time.
    This day, Monday, after starting computer the real nightmare is a fact: Windows7 version 76101 is not genuine.Windows confirms this with a pitch black screen and lots of prompts informing me that software might be counterfeit. I don’t want to understand this as my OS (W7 –X64 Ultimate, SP1)is in its authenticity confirmed by M$ for quite some time now and, last week sent me notifications in the taskbar that my version is eligible for free of cost upgrade to the new Windows10.
    I have something of a BSOD that has no authentic stamp by Microsoft and no legitimate key, to prove the legal version of this Windows.After reading information on this sort of experience at different forums, I decided to withdraw from the HDD one important update the malicious kb971033 (remember that SP1 is already actively working here with this foul disease).The computer was restarted and began work more normally again with SP1.However, I got a time stamp limiting my version for maximum usage only to one month.
    As I used this OS (Win7 –X64, Ultimate SP1) from iso (digital River) with help by loader from Daz, my question for assistance is more of a request to restore the system as it was before prior to the inactive product ID (OEM) that is impossible to activate via Internet Explorer [Microsoft web page], so that the important files and documents including movies with photos, can easily become accessible again. Because our holidays are beginning this coming week, the professional help at MDL is awaited very quickly.Possibly at latest this saturday.
    Thank you in advance.

(Edited text in contrast color)
    Urgent
    Hello everyone.
    Maybe I’ve started a thread that is misleading in its message: Windows10 instead of update for W7.?
    I need help as OS was genuine by Microsoft (with picture approved genuine by Microsoft Windows Software) including Service Pack1 update installed and serial number key.
    This was running fine till last Thursday December 10 when computer began markedly slowing down during processes that is not caused by Internet provider on fixed cable – running very high d/l speeds as well as u/l.
    Carefully I chose which updates that did not contain any message for activation of Windows10 (as my OS was genuine by M$, I did in fact get notifications that my version is eligible for free – no cost – upgrade to Windows10 from late summer 2015).
    The whole unnecessary time consuming update took nearly five days for my OS, now to be a NON legitimate version that prompts me to pay money for yet another license that originally bypassed the M$ police with a loader developed with the aid from Daz here at MDL forums.
    At this time I am very unsure what is to happen as prior to the update I did free enough space on system disk [Local Disk ( c: )] so that nothing interferes with messages informing me that the computer does not have enough space available.
    Recently checking for status on all files, I see that many of them is slightly corrupted as many have an image similar to that which Windows is showing after an imperfection has occurred.These are all available on the
    system disk – Local Disk ( C: ) with "malfunctioning" non legit(!) OS .
    If I only need to implement the loader from Daz via Microsoft web browser and not losing any of the files (that is no longer corrupted after restart), then that really helps me out and saves all unnecessary hassle from going to a computer store and paying – expensive - money for another new license to Mr Bill Gates Empire.
    The sooner the restoration takes place, the better.
    Awaiting the serious step by step help from you

2. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #2 oldsh_t, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Wow your all over here with information??

What sytem are you running now??
    Have you reverted back to Win7?? Through the option in Win10!
    If you reverted back to Win7 then all your files should be still there and intact, (at least that is what M$ says).
    If your on Win7 now then just run the Daz loader again and you should be good to go!

Once Win10 was installed all the boot files were changed. Runing the loader again should fix that.

3. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Yes [to "Wow your all over here with information??"], and I am so sorry for having written a whole bible on this problem that is a great nuisance to endure.
    Anyway, I did manage to get W7 after going out on the Internet and from the received information to totally exclude the malicious kb971033 altogether by force from system disk.Then after restart, I deleted the ominous crap from M$ with NON genuine status, did some manual tweaking (to get back my desktop appearance) and found that some of the important files is slightly corrupt (but it could return back after using a different – third party? – software).Also I did contact M$ by telephone to help me retrieve the previous version as easy as possible, but the it-guy demanded a different serial key to my OEM (now in the software) for activation.I then realized that misers only want $$$ to help you more.So, he was not kind enough to accept the fact that people which have already paid for license key can throw away the receipt, which only is another unnecessary piece of paper, from the (now non existing) computer store.I did ask him if he could help me with the fact that my activated with SP3 Outlook Enterprise suite is very slow on loading E-mails in Outlook.Then he began to be nonchalant back at me by letting me know that first I must have the original key to W7.I thanked him and began searching on Internet for solution.
    After this incident, I am never ever going to pay money for this Jewish behavior that M$ has taught out to all of the clerks working under the umbrella known as M$; not even my original keys that I paid money for to activate Windows XP Professional could be used for W7.To me this company is a real fraud!
    Anyway, prior to my reply here, I was just checking if my memory still serves me right in the steps to run the Daz loader and if the old version has been exchanged for a newer one; and it has. As a precaution I use the latest one.
    Thank you for clarifying the process of fixing “Genuine Windows software by Microsoft;).

4. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Well just a short Bible this time. Good to hear your up and running again.

Things to note
    >kb971033 will not affect Daz loader
    >Might want to think about backing up your important files from now on. I have seen too many people trying to find out how to get their files back from a hard drive that quit on them.

5. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Thank you for the Bible thing; that is kind of you.
    Now I did a complete check with re updated version of MSE that after its complete scan updated all current files that M$ has implemented in my system, and found four malicious files with suspect virus behavior.I deleted those ASAP from the system and did a rescan.Now it is green and free of virus.
    As I am suspicious I did an additional scan with reimage PC Repair Online (by M$) and it found two malicious threats on my Chrome browser that are Malware and also found 94 errors in the registry.Furthermore it found two threats in Temporary folders that can be cleared away during the repair scan.This vould be nice and dandy, but my license key is not recognized and valid for this; only if I pay money then original M$ license key can confirm the genuine license software pertaining to this system.

Hmmm, …, …, …, isn’t it enough with a free of cost scan by a different Internet Security provider instead of being prompted to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for something that looks flashy like the reimage?
    Maybe I need an entirely new license that is not blocked by M$?
    Awaiting help for redirecting me in the right direction on choosing a free no cost Internet security analysis that actually removes these threats for good from my system.
    Hopeful for help.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.My Control Centre 3 for Brother 3 in one fax has no longer the visual image of main controls but is faded out only in white color; I cannot make scan, send E-mail pictures or make fax messages from desktop.

6. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    You got big problems!!

Answer this one thing. How did you get back to Win7 after Win10 was installed?? Please explain that and only that??

7. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Well, I do understand your question and am somewhat confused on what really happened.I have not given it much thought.However, in my fury and rage, I did manage to keep my calm and logic by searching around here at MDL and receive answers by reading information on similar scenarios to mine.In addition to this, I did read other peoples experience with fuc**ng up W7 versions after accepting the untouched updates for Windows from M$ (like the dreadfully ominous mb971033), and did follow advice on deleting that malicious part that infested (hopefully my version of W7 Ultimate is not going to drown in the future?) my OS.It took a really long time to do this on my own, in all 28 effective hours, but my version is still not accepted when I call up for activation; OEM key is still visible in PID.
    Yes I do have B.I.G problems related to the fact that reimage found unwanted adware in my browser that is crucial as my business e-mail addresses are @gmail and unwanted hijacking (adware) is not pleasant at all!
    All clever administrators know that (but I am stupid, cupid) this screws up all computers and is a nightmare if it ever gets activated.
    What goes beyond my understanding is that the CC3 for Brother 3 in 1 multi fax is still faded out.

So my shopping list is as follows:

1. New clean Product ID; this is imperative for its originality if no more crashes are to hit this OS.
    2. Fully functioning reimage PC Repair Online by M$; not free version that only scans!
    3. Get back CC3 to its full functionality with active fully working screen and graphics for 3 in 1 multi fax by Brother.
    4. Repair the files that were slightly damaged as corrupt looking files.
    5. Never - ever - getting Windows 10 updates, without my consent of accepting it.I suspect it to be the cause of molesting my computer.
    This will do for now.

*In spring 2016 I am seriously interested in upgrading to a larger system disk, either mechanical 1TB or SSD 1TB because 2TB is still too expensive and for the Mainboard by Asus, it is better not to exceed the 2TB size.
    Also I will install internal slave drive for quick back up of files, and have an external online NAS configuration that (if I choose) works 24h/24h.To this three external HD are perfect match as back up with some files accessible via cloud storage.
    To this I will chose either Windows7 Ultimate –X64, SP1, new fresh install from iso and latest updates with the Microsoft Office suite Enterprise version, SP3, or Windows 10, best version, that corresponds to W7 –X64 Ultimate in performance and full suite of programs.I demand absolutely free version (not a single cent to M$ for being such jerks) due to the airheads o_O at main M$ office that made it more difficult for me.

If some of the MDL experts read this and know which software I should use, then post that help (of course with likns) in this thread :clap:.

I'll be reading here at MDL (this thread), but from December 20 my absence here is absolute as X-Mas holidays is for celebration abroad by the sea in Western Africa :cool:.

8. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    YOUR CONFUSED??? :confused:

Well now I am confused as to why you want help and can't give a simple answer a simple question with out righting a new book filled with things that are of no help to anyone trying to help you. I'm so confused now that I would have to reread everything to figure out what is REALLY your problem.

I'm done hear. Good luck and I hope someone else can help you out.

9. wahoospa

wahoospa MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2012
    An old friend of mine was running Windows 7 on her laptop when her internet went out. When the internet came back on it said Welcome to Windows 10. She swears she never touched the update button in the taskbar. All her programs work in Windows 10 so I told her she's staying with Windows 10 for now on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Well, that is an easy way to disregard the fact that she did not touch any of the prompts that do force the user on the OS - unknowingly of it - to actually [against their will] install infected by M$ update to be a person testing their software that is known by every user to not perform as promised by Windows.
    If the software is really that good, then I don't mind to have an (almost) excellent OS running in my computer.But so far that is not yet true.
    We have to wait some time before W10 is top notch.

For now I am satisfied - at least - during four years using W7U (32 bit and current 64 bit) version, after the short period using Windows Vista.But the PID causes problems if problems occur and an expert from M$ must help out.

Just a question for stable system security: I have manually deleted kb971033 from computer.I know that M$ sends out the Advantage control thing at the same time patch tuesday is available with this (mischevious) police controll.So, is it better to install back [kb971033] from Microsoft or not?

P.S.
    Os W7 -X64 (my computer) tried to do an update this morning and showed an error stop code with symbol (red cross) that W10 could not be installed.After that I got a new java update that once accepting the update to proceeed is not stored amongst all other programs under programs in control panel.
    Maybe this is what your friend experienced with her laptop?

11. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    #11 Orgon, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    (OP)
    It is a pity that your understanding on my confusion is interpreted negatively by disregarding this problem as a serious fact.Although, much of the “restauration” took very much time to repair, the OS is not 100% like before and to not challenge the quality on current (quite) good W7 –X64 I do need help to keep it like it was from a year ago till the disastrous “crash” after last weeks' update.

So, all of the numbered points from 1to 5 on the list is very important for this system.

Here is a copy

1. New clean Product ID; this is imperative for its originality if no more crashes are to hit this OS.
    2. Fully functioning reimage PC Repair Online by M$; not free version that only scans!
    3. Get back CC3 to its full functionality with active fully working screen and graphics for 3 in 1 multi fax by Brother.
    4. Repair the files that were slightly damaged as corrupt looking files.
    5. Never - ever - getting Windows 10 updates, without my consent of accepting it.I suspect it to be the cause of molesting my computer.

And is it also advisable to re insert the deleted update kb971033 :eek: to this system again?
    :confused:

I am hopefull if you (too) still can help me?

12. Lestat87

Lestat87 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2015
    I too am confused. A lot of what you mention seems irrelevant. Based on what I can understand I am going to try splitting the problem into parts. I am assuming you have admin access.
    First you have system errors. Click start button & type (without quotes) in "powershell". Right click it & run as admin. Then type in "sfc /scannow" then hit enter. It takes a while. Once finished restart & see if it fixes any of your issues. Your other option is to load a win 7 image on either a dvd or usb & boot to it. Once in try running the "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt in the repair section (ctrl+f11 or shift+f11 is a shortcut if I rem correct). If this fails you need work out why. Do you have admin access? are you denied file access? do you have certain error msges?
    Second. You need to go to control panel>programs and remove anything that is playing up ie brother printer. If it is not there then check in device manager for it. Once fully removed do a restart then reinstall them.
    Third. Worry about reactivating. If you are concerned or encountering unknown programs, popups, browser self opening etc before you get to this step then just unplug your network cable or turn wireless off.
    Fourth run a malwarebytes scan & install some free antivirus software.

13. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello

i've been away from the "infected" computer for a while and am going to follow your advise from the 2.nd option you have advised me to follow.

Due to no additional computer available for downloading files, I need to wait some time in order to get an iso W7 X64 that can be used as backup during boot with USB stick.Once retreiving back the necessary files, e-mails, and passwords (no backup has been made on separate paper:weep:), I am exchanging to SSD for System Disk and adding two 3TB HD.
    From then on, backups of the important files is crucial :).
    I know "Big Brother" is watching you with prompting W10 updates and does not accept your commands after you have unticked the updates related with installing the kb pertaining to W10 [:mad:].M$ gives you free edition of OS Windows 10; hmm..., ....:eek: - it is not performing as expected, yet.
    Therefore a work around for preventing W10 to infest my OS is important, as well :rolleyes:.

P.S.
    I just saw a tutorial in a different thread on how to integrate all M$ updates related to W7 Ultimate X64, that seems very time saving,
    and sorry for writing so extensively.:tea:

14. Lestat87

Lestat87 MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2015
    If you want to make an image with updates in it MSMG toolkit is awesome. You can find it with a search of the forum. Ntlite has a graphical user interface which might be easier for you but I dont like how it changes some of the structural files. The other alternative which would be the easiest out of all of them for you is to download and use Murphy78s premade images. Murphy78 is an MDL dev & his images are trustworthy. You can view them at this link by replacing the xx with tt.

hxxps://thepiratebay.se/user/murphy78/

15. bluebilly

bluebilly MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2010
    I have read about ms installing win 10 into a win 7 without the owners permission. I am used to Windows 7 and REALLY do not want win 10. How can I refuse ms arbitrarily installing win 10? Is there someway to keep ms out of my computer altogether? I appreciate any help you can give me.

George. AKA bluebilly

16. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    By not clicking the "upgrade" button, or by not allowing "recommended updates" to auto-install. The forced installs without user intervention are a myth.

Yes, by installing Linux.

17. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009

That screen shot only proves that the Win 10 upgrade failed. Yeah, they do force the Win 10 upgrade files onto just about everybody, but the upgrade will not proceed (i.e. fail repeatedly) until everything is completely downloaded, and the green light is given by the user. Basically they are checking once a day whether your time has come, and permission to proceed has been given.

18. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    If you check the link I provided above, the download folder was 5.62mb. Now that may not be completely downloaded I don't know. Even still why was it trying to install anyway?? And the attempts would cause the computer to take an hour or more to shut down. And like you say that permission was needed to proceed Then why did it even attempt to install. She gave no permission to it and did not even know it was attempting to install in the first place.

And if you read the first post in this thread by Orgon, and if you can get through all his jiber jaber LOL, It looks like he ended up with Win10 on his computer without his permission.

Now I did read an article a while back where M$ admitted to the mistake of this happening and would fix that. Maybe now you have to give permission. But you would have to believe M$ on that and lately the trust with M$ is falling quickly.

19. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #20 CaptainKirk1966, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    There were also issues with corrupt Win 10 upgrade files being pushed out in the early days, causing upgrade failures, right about the time of that screenshot you posted.

But yes, the piece meal downloads and daily checks are really quite annoying, but that doesn't mean the upgrade would proceed without user intervention.

inscrutable ;)