Forcing Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Maestromd, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Maestromd

Maestromd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    I have been trying to get a wireless adapter to work with Win7 unsuccessfully. I was having problems with a zonet 1602 so I went out and bought a netgear wg311v3 figuring it was a well used card by lots of people and might work better, I was wrong, same problem.

I can install the drivers but get a problem where the device can't start (code 10). It seems like the drivers install correctly and the device manager has the model of adapter, so I am guessing the computer is seeing the adapter, but Win7 doesn't seem to want to recognize any devices that are using unsigned drivers. Is there any way I can force these drivers or some kind of work around?

I tried loading with F8 and disabling the signed drivers and rebooted doing the same thing, with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    #2 PrEzi, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maestromd

Maestromd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    That 1.0.0.53 WORKED DAMNIT. Thanks a bunch. That driver actually worked for both adapters, well considering they both have the same chipset. I have seen a bunch of threads about this problem for both these cards there any way to make it known, can i start a thread with the adapter names and stuff in the topic so people can see it? This was truly aggravating, might save some people the headache.

4. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    That is great to hear.
    As far as I remember I also replied to your first thread (about zonet) with the same solution.
    Feel free to 'spread the word' ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...