Forgotten Installed Loaders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xaver, Apr 12, 2010.

1. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    I have used RemoveWAT and DAZ loader both different versions on different partitions. But now I have forgotten what exactly I used and which version.

Is there any way to find this out afterwards? Or is there any way to reset all those great things?

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Use uninstall with both and reboot and read Section 6-H in repository

3. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    Thank you very much for your response. I looked at Section 6-H and others. What I would not like to do is a repair install of Win7.

Is is not a problem if I uninstall for instance RemoveWAT with a different version than I installed or is it just enough to use the latest one? How about DAZ?

Perhaps a stupid question - why don't they provide an install entry like other programs and an uninstall? Microsoft can find them anyway.

4. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    I think you can't avoid a fresh install anymore to get rid of the loaders and all the unwanted stuff or sth. Just do a backup of your files & things and go for it. It's quickly done - especially with Win7 - and absolutely worth it.

According to your uninstall question; these are no mainstream applications. I wouldn't do that either.

5. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    This is very bad news. Will take me a while to make a fresh install - too much software and settings. In respect of "mainstream applications". I think those a are the most important ones :biggrin:

6. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    ;D

Know what? I personally just copy my user folder to another partition, do the fresh install and copy that folder back to the Users location and voilĂ ; most of my programs with my settings are working just fine afterwards. Maybe that's also an option for you. You just could uninstall the loader manually but the 'fresh install' way it's the fastest in my opinion. It's up to you. ^^

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I think you should clarify your post to say you still need to install your programs it is only your setting e.c.t that you saved.

8. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Oh, that's right. Of course, I still have to install the applications. mea culpa

9. xaver

xaver MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    Thank you all for your response. I was hoping there is a better way than a fresh install.

A repair install would not fix the problem? This is an install were Windows (at least XP did) sets back all system files and drivers but does not change the other installed software and the settings. You just have to re-install software with special drivers and other drivers.