Formatting a DVD+RW

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by jetjock, Mar 30, 2013.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    A couple of my DVD+RWs say "Unformatted Disk" in the burner window when I try to use them. I looked up "Formatting DVDs" in Google and was told:

1. Insert a disc into your computer's CD or DVD drive.

2. In the dialog box that appears, click Burn files to disc.

3. In the Burn a disc dialog box, type a name for your new disc.

4. Click Show formatting options, and then click one of the following formatting options:

Live File System

Mastered

Click Next to prepare the disc.

All goes fine until I get to step 4. There is absolutely no place to click "Show formatting options". All I have available is "How do you want to use this disk?": one, to use as a USB flash drive, and two, with a CD/DVD player. I select option two and when I click "Next" I get a window asking for files to be burned.

How the heck do I format these disks so I can use them again? They have been used before, so I know they were formatted when I got them. They are Sony DVDs, so they aint some cheap knock-off.

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Never mind, just in case anyone had ever planned to answer this. Nero Burning Rom formatted it just fine.

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...