FoxFire browser not yet supported in Win8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by digitalcuriosity, Nov 3, 2012.

1. digitalcuriosity

digitalcuriosity MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2012
    I just found out that my FoxFire browser was not yet supported in my new Win8 OS. Not a big item as I hardly use it but it was a shock finding it was unsupported.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    am curious to know your sources man, been using it since day one:D matter of fact I am posting this from it :coffee:

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Perhaps you should use Firefox instead of Foxfire :D

4. digitalcuriosity

Nov 3, 2012
    #4 digitalcuriosity, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    (OP)
    I tried installing it on my computer this morning and got the message it was not supported on my OS.

I just gave it another try and it did install, it's really not my favored browser I really use and like Google Chrome much better but I wanted to see if I could install Fire Fox as I did have a few programs I used it for. Lots of things they want to push on users I really don't care for. It took a little declining to get it the way I wanted it. Not sure I will keep it. But yes it did install.

5. digitalcuriosity

Nov 3, 2012
    Is there a Foxfire browser?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. digitalcuriosity

Nov 3, 2012
    When I did my original google search this morning I saw this new "New Mozilla Fire Fox 16 and opened on it and found it was not supported, I now see right below it the correct download for the Mozilla Fox Fire. I just was to quick to notice my misstep of what I should have downloaded.

8. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    it is all good Digital man:Lighten:

9. digitalcuriosity

Nov 3, 2012
    You understand a person has a brand new OS, he has to reinstall all their programs. They get in a hurry and are not really careful. and they get things wrong. I thought at first this is funny many use this program, and it's not supported. I am glad I have four other computers with the old Win7 on them, as some of my older programs that are on my Win7 machines, just won't install on the Win8 computer. And I really don't wish to buy a new copy of something I just bought a year ago.:mad:

10. life

life MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    To Inform You Listen !
    Mozilla Aurora and Normal version are working Properly,
    Mozilla Firefox is working on Metro UI in upcoming Browser releases.Mozilla Nightly version 19.0a2 have Metro UI interface like as Internet Explorer 10.
    Its completely change and Gives the Ease to the Web surfing with lots of Add-ons as well Open Source.Just wait The Stable and official Release of Metro Based Mozilla Firefox.

img3File.jpg