Free internet on my Nokia 5230

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by silveringking, Jul 24, 2011.

1. silveringking

silveringking MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2011
    Hello, listen I know there isn't such thing as "free internet". That's not the problem, the problem is that I have my own connection at home (from which I am connecting right now). And it seems a rather waste of money to buy internet from my mobile provider, plus I am also a member of fon.com, which means I share my internet... So there's the thing: why should I pay for internet (x euros per week). If I have free wi-fi, plus my wi-fi, plus my friend's wi-fi... So I wanted an application for connecting to such connections (fon shared, free connections, my connections, connections were the password is given to me, etc etc...) Is that possible? If it is compatible with android is not such a big deal... If it is in the ovi store even better :p. Thank you!

2. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
    To do this, I believe you need a wi-fi enabled phone. As the Nokia 5230 is not wi-fi enabled, I think you're out of luck. Perhaps something to think about when you're needing to buy a new phone.

3. silveringking

silveringking MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2011
    #3 silveringking, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    (OP)
    LOL tomah, this isn't my cellphone is my mom's new cellphone LOL, she wanted a cheap one with gps so I bought this one on the store without looking at the specs and everything... So I really do not care, for me I would buy something like a Nexus S or something...