Free sms

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by marchy, Oct 2, 2016.

1. marchy

marchy MDL Member

Jul 24, 2016
    #1 marchy, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Hi, I am looking for free software that will allow someone to send SMS from the USA to Europe and free Europe to USA. Can someone recommend something for me?

thx

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Yep, it's called email

There's this other one called Android, totally free, you just need a phone and a SIM card with a calling plan to go with it

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

tox chat, is it a variation of tor chat? is tox chat for pc or just mobile phones? :confused:

5. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. marchy

marchy MDL Member

Jul 24, 2016
    MJ, Plz excuse my stupidity, but how does one use utox as a SMS feature? Thx a bunch.

7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
  8. dougwa

dougwa MDL Junior Member

Mar 6, 2013
    While looking for some way to receive sms texts I g0ogled up this site: textum.com
    They say you can send a text and receive a reply to same but I haven't tried it yet.
    What I am looking for is how to receive a text without giving coupon spammers
    my cel phone number. Think I have to start a new thread for that.

9. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    have you tried google voice? not sure if you can send international - why does it need to SMS? why don't you use skype, viber or messenger?

10. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
  11. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    No hoping required:
    We presently use 3 of the aforementioned services & have never paid any of them a single cent.

The only exception here has zero to do with getting free SMS access - and that is using GV for the home phones via the Obi boxes - those we had to buy in order to connect our phones via the internet - but we used to pay $50/month to the landline company - which is ~$600/year.
    A one-time cost of $35-50 for an Obi box with XERO monthly bills anymore is kind of a no-brainer.

And just to be clear=>
    I do now work with or for any of the companies or sites mentioned; I just prefer free or low cost services.

12. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Use McD wifi (it's free) and sent it over there, free sms is always problematically since you never now if it's not captured. If you use encrypted tools like Threema over Wifi no matter if the network is compromised or not, they can't read it.