Free Steam Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Windows user, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Windows user

Windows user MDL Senior Member

Sep 11, 2012
    #1 Windows user, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Are you using Windows 8.1? Check the Store. There are tons of free games in it. I was surprised to see how many. Steam as free games, too. I don't know how the mods will feel about your pitch, but I give you a thumbs up for trying to get legitimate games free rather than downloading hacked crap. :clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Nice try with the referral link Mr Spam-a-lot

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't think that Windows user's intention is to spam. If the thread is spam or not needs to be decided by the team.
    To spam means to post something that is unwanted and made to gain own profit.
    What you need to change for sure is to remove the link in your signature (is a non approved external link) and any personal reference.

For now the thread can stay if you change what is needed. The team will make a final decision.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    To spam means to post something that is unwanted and made to gain own profit.

Referral links are exactly that ;)

Thought you hated FB as much as anyone else?

6. Windows user

Sep 11, 2012
    Again, I said "If this thread breaks any rules of MDL plz let me know & I will remove its contents " I didn't knew that referral links were not allowed in MDL & I have no intentions of scamming/fooling anyone here.....If I wanted to do that,I would have shortened the link or something like that. I have been a member here for 2 years & I have always been friendly & only tried to help/ provide helpful info to people...why would I suddenly want to change my reputation? Sorry that you feel that I am a scammer (but I am not,I wasn't aware of some rules & I made a mistake)

I have asked YEN to review the contents of this thread to see if it fits with MDL rules,if it's against the rules, he will delete it.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    He has officially PM'ed me as a team member and asked if it is OK or not.
    I am here as Yen who has a personal opinion which I post as 'Yen'. But I am also admin who thinks in the name of a community, therefore I ask the team. :)

8. Windows user

Sep 11, 2012
    #8 Windows user, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    (OP)
    Oh God, how many times do I have to say this? I didn't knew that referral links were not allowed....I made a mistake & I removed it. Now, if this thread is also against MDL rules, just remove it.... you could have just said, "remove the referral link, it's not allowed" & I would have removed it instantly but, you chose to insult me & call me a spammer & a scammer & said that I deserved to be treated badly, instead of correcting my mistake.

I never thought that after spending 2 years here, that I would be called
    names & be told that I deserved to be treated badly. :hmm:

9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I wasn't talking to you, shhh

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I had cleaned the thread already.:)
    It seems there are bit of too much emotions. MrMagic has his opinion about your post and posted it. He posted what he thinks about, but did NOT calling names, so no reason to become upset @windows user.

I know that you don't want to spam and I know your contributions.

Anyway we the team will make now a final decision, neither MrMagic's opinion nor my own will play a role then.

There is really no reason for a uncomfortable situation. MrMagic cared about the contents of MDL and windows user wanted to share free games.

MrMagic--->:hug2:<----Windows user. lol.:biggrin:

I'll keep you updated...;)

11. amd3012

amd3012 MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2013
    Hmm, there were some anime games(VN's) for free but i have never play this. I need a hard copy, so it's by own and i can collect it. With Steam i need an internet connection, that probably.

Has anyone play the free games by sekai project?