Freeing memory on Tracfone LG Lucky

Discussion in 'Android' started by n0ukf, Mar 21, 2018.

1. n0ukf

n0ukf MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2018
    Is there any way to make Android (4.4) free up more of my memory by using more of the SD card? I've gone through apps and moved some (however partially) to SD card but I'm still running so low on memory that it won't even let me install a 2MB app (for some reason it says it needs 50-70MB, it's between 40 & 50). I've also uninstalled updates to google apps I never use (games, news, music).

2. StOrmCatz

StOrmCatz MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2016
    Do you have root access on the phone? If so, you would be able to move out some of the system apps to potentially the SDCard

If you go down this route, make sure you have everything backed up because there is definitely an element of risk when you are messing with the system partition.

3. O2ery

O2ery MDL Novice

May 14, 2018
    Delete some unused app and you already have enough storage space.but i have no idea why this problem still exists , how did u delete them ?

4. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    You should check at XDA forum, there are tons infos.. First of all has to be rooted and can do wide range. Also, KitKat 4.4 is kinda old, less security protections.. I now use Android Nugget 7.xx So, I waiting for next comes up Oreo 8.0 then I will root it later time.

5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Clear the cache of the apps which are using your phone's memory and disable those apps you aren't using.

6. gabmsku

gabmsku MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2018
    you can find a few nice content cleaning app from Play store. and they are pretty easy to free up space on Android.