freemake video converter

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by bergy37, Feb 28, 2016.

1. bergy37

bergy37 MDL Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Hi Guys,

I am using this software for a few times but i find it very slow and I assume coz my PC is about 7 yrs old. Is it normal for a movie conversion to take between 4 to 8 hrs. I know this could be the size of the movies but was wondering if there are any settings i can change to speed it up? I have tried other software and find them slow as well. Any ideas guys?

thx

2. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Its most probably your computer, your processor.
    I am using occasionally and it works reasonably. What I find a real nuisance is all the other garbage they install.... also with their audio converter. I am using Win 7, so everytime before I use it, I create a restore point, install it, convert and restore the computer and have clean machine.....

3. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    I could be your pc but a word of advice ..... dump Freemake and go with something else. All Freemake software installs OpenCandy which in itself is a form of malware. If you have Malwarebytes on your pc it should have flagged it when you installed it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Not if you do NOT blindly click next next next, but uncheck all "offered" c**p

6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Tuche ........

But if it asks your permission to install known malware then what else is it installing WITHOUT your permission?

I wouldn't touch it with a twenty foot stick. ;)

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Same could be said about Java from Oracle...

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    No, it does NOT flag it...

Freemake works well, install fast and can be completely removed, by simply creating a restore point BEFORE installing it, and then remove it incl Candy by restoring. On Win 7 it takes about two minutes...