FREQUENT BSODs WHILE UTORRENT IS DOWNLOADING

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mohitkumarsen, Feb 15, 2014.

1. mohitkumarsen

mohitkumarsen MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2012
    Hello to all helpers of MDL and specially @TITO,
    Please help me.
    I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro. I've issues a lot with uTorrent lately. Whenever I use UTorrent (whatever versions may be) running the system gets BSOD instantly (say within 2-5 minutes) with a notice ""UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". After automatic restarts the machine runs without any trouble. But again when I starts "Utorrent" the system gets BSOD with the same notice and restarts again.
    This caused me panic whether the OS will get corrupted by this way (frequent BSODs) or will I refrain from downloading using UTorrent. (No problems there when I downloads with IDM or by any Browser built-in downloaders). This is embarrassing also and attention requires by the administrator to connect the net each and every time which is not an automatic. All the drivers of the system got updated through Advanced System Optimizer-3 yesterday only.

Dump files in the form of .rar along with screen image of installed programmes are attached.

I'm not an expert and computer savvy to handle the situation. Please help me giving detailed tutorial way so that I can get rid of all nuisance BSDs once for all.
    Heartiest advance thanks. I will be specially grateful if "TITO" helps me in this regard.

Mohit Kumar Sen

Attached Files:

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Open CMD (command prompt) and run "sfc /scannow" - could be a driver issue. As for ASO-3 and any other utility that claims to keep all of your drivers current, my experience has been mixed. Anytime I got a secondary "are you sure" warning from Windows about a driver update, if I chose "yes", I regretted it.

I run uTorrent (quite extensively) on two W8.1 Pro machines - never a problem.

3. shashikumar bhat

shashikumar bhat MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2011
    #3 shashikumar bhat, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    After running sfc /scannow try qBittorrent. I use it and no problems.

4. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Congratulations, problem solved. Mutagen zeroed right in on the problem with the correct fix.

5. mohitkumarsen

mohitkumarsen MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks all for the instant help provided. As advised I ran sfc /scannow thro' cmd (admn.). The result of the scan "some problems there but not able to fix some resource files completely and thereby still persist the problems. However, thanks a lot.

6. Helmutcheese

Helmutcheese MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    scannow had never ever fixed anything for me on any OS.

However you can try this : dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth/ and then see if scannow detects no issues after.

7. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Do not put a / at the end, to make it work properly.

8. TGNT

TGNT MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Could be you run utorrent and run old version of firefox at the same time, if it was the problem, make sure to run the latest version of firefox

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why do you have two KMS activator type tools installed personally I would unistall both and use one of the trusted ones developed on this forum.

10. ljimbo

ljimbo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    I stopped using Utorrent awhile back and went back to Vuse.. uTorrent was getting bad with extras being included with its installer and some other things it was doing.. just didnt like it anymore.. While Vuse actually did the same thing awhile back it wasnt as bad..

11. mohitkumarsen

mohitkumarsen MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2012
    In reply to this I am to say that (i) mini KMS Auto Activator for Office 2010 which is (the Activator) in built and automatically activated while installing and the other (ii) is for activates Windows 8.1.
    Thank you, however, as advised I can try your advise later after the current problem is fixed.

12. mohitkumarsen

mohitkumarsen MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2012
    Thank you, elaborate please and expand the dism command please.

13. Helmutcheese

Helmutcheese MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I only copy/pasted it, not the exact CMD as I expected you to Google it and see the info on the MS site with the full CMD's available.

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You still don't get it I may be wrong but the windows activator or it could even be a hactivator could be the source of your corrupt windows files.