fresh install flashing curser with delay at bootup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dsbig, Sep 7, 2013.

1. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    specs

intel 2600
    mem 16gb
    nvidia 580 gtx
    gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 board with custom uefi bios from rev2 board.

had windows 8 in install in uefi mode. didnt like the way some program where behaving. went back to windows 7

what I did

disabled uefi mode completely. everything set to legacy mode. made sure boot drive was still default

started up windows 7 install on usb and shift f10 and diskpart, used clean command to remove gpt from drive and finished installing windows 7

updated and installed windows loader. as my key no longer works(too many different builds and I get into fights with phone activation computer).

anyway

for some reason now when windows boots up. there is a delay after post. a flashing cursor shows partway down screen, then moves up the screen and then boots.

could of something happened to the windows loader?

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    get slic 2.1 for that board and repair bootsector (boot win dvd and click repair.) .. that should do it if its not a bios boot removable or dvd first issue.

3. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    for slic 2.1 and my uefi bios, am I right assuming I use phoenix tool for it? because I tried the other tools and they all said not (ami/award) bios.

only phoenix tool detected it.

I just wanted to make sure so I dont mess up my bios

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    EFI = Phoenix

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    If its loader related then go to the advanced options tab and select to disable type 4 memory or to use the legacy mode. Next you'd just press install and shutdown when prompted (this totally flushes memory compared to a restart).

Gigabyte motherboards are normally safe to BIOS mod, so go with whatever you feels best for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I tried inserting slic in to bios. but there where problems. beta bios being modded bios from rev2 board.

but I did fix the loader problem