Fresh Windows Vista Installation with Key ?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Annie, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Annie

Annie MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2009
    Hello ,
    I bought new HP 6720s Laptop year ago with no operating system installed on it . Then I installed cracked windows XP on my system and its working perfect . Now I want to install windows vista ultimate on my system - I tried a lot to install pre-activated version on windows vista but couldn't get it activated after completing installation (I see 30 days trial version message in my computer properties) . I'll be very thankful to you if someone provide me the method how to activate vista on my HP 6720s Laptop .

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
    Annie

2. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    #2 akritasge, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    If you have equipment of one of the main manufacturers (e.g. Dell, HP etc.), than you have to install a pre-activated version for this manufacturer.

You can't install a Dell-Vista on a HP notebook (on a noname it does).

You have to use VistaLoader and you have to choose the HP OEM - Button.

4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Very Good

Pete,

I am not the judge but I want to commend you for taking the time for your helpful explicit post. More like yours is needed.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. babyface_snoop

babyface_snoop MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2009
    At least he gave me credit :) good to see you got it to work pete with my instructions ;):D

6. Annie

Annie MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2009
    Thanks everyone but the above method didn't work for me . Is there anyone who successfully activated HP6720s ?

7. smhmily

smhmily MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2009
    You are in trouble,microsoft is try hard to against to the fake ,may be you can copy a oem key ,and activate it by the phone