Front End/GUI Wrappers for (5) different PowerShell Scripts for Windows 10/11 Debloating and more

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Davidgamerthumbs, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Davidgamerthumbs

Davidgamerthumbs MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2020
    [​IMG]

I made a button for each option that opens up a MESSAGE BOX to show the function body script. It reads from file 'Sophia.psm1' file and finds the beginning comment Synopsis and ending function bracket.

I need to clean up the code more.

Might go ahead and try to open it up in a new text form windows and toggle editing (read/edit toggle): I need to figure that out.

2. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    ... nice addition

... find this part particularily interesting

3. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
  4. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
    I'll be more than pleased when we'll release the first public build of SophiApp.
    Screenshot_2020-12-19 Build software better, together.png

5. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    ... looking forward to it, however, thought this may be of interest

6. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
    @drew84
    Ha-ha-ha! I hope they won't sue us. I'm under a different jurisdiction. :)

7. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #48 drew84, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    W10DebloatV16 now live with support for the latest Sophia Script 5.3.1

Edit: 1.6 removed (Wait for an update. Some things need to be done.)

8. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
    He forgot to remove script files again. :D

9. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I took down the ZIPs but first I need to think out loud ...

I have been thinking about the future of scripting/programming.

It seems everything has moved to opensource on GitHub and people who develop scripts/programs just get donations to 'help out'. :) Something is better than nothing.

Maybe I should move onto that model... I need time to think what I should do ....

I do like developing ...

10. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    Hopefully that means the V16 I managed to get is OK :)

I for one, would like to see that approach, big thanks for your contributions so far...

11. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    The zip is fine.

12. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    #53 Davidgamerthumbs, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    (OP)
    I have been really lazy and hit some road bumps. This is what I got so far. I just repeated a radiobutton 'options' code for testing as seen in pic. No longer is the radio buttons placed with X,Y pixel coordinates like before so this should be scalable on Windows 10.
    [​IMG]

Problem: I am so used to Windows Forms and VB that learning WPF and C# properly is a problematic. Like there are ways to program this nice and clean (properly). I am lazy and I am stopping myself to program it badly. I want good code.

I am googling and learning tutorials but I am afraid I am learning it wrong. I was not taught how to do a program like this in school. Windows Forms is much easier (for me). I am learning slowly and keep changing my methods depending on what I find on the internet LOL.

From what I gather, there are more older Windows Forms resources/solutions than WPF with my googled questions.

This will take a while. But I am finding help and sometimes I get eureka moments so that is good feeling.

Basically my old solution works,,,, and I hate to redo everything lollololol

Merry Christmas everyone... if you celebrate it!

13. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    Been about a week since I last posted.

I have been trying to enjoy my holidays. Not bad so far.

Slowly I have been rebuilding the Windows 10 Debloat GUI in C# and WPF. Its 95% done. UI scales well on displays.

[​IMG]

The first time I made the program it took me like 5-6 weeks in VB and Windows Forms counting additions later.

This one is taking me a while because I have to get used to thinking in WPF. The C# code and GUI are now separate files. I need to add this type of thinking to my routine as every modern program is WPF.
    I am getting used to it. It takes another layer of abstraction. Googling for help takes 50% to 75% more time than old Windows Forms/VB. But luckily things I find are in C# with careful googling (adding terms C# and WPF to searches).

I learned quite a lot of useful development techniques. I finally use classes (objects).

Dave

14. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    So I am now working with farag now.

I believe he has the best PowerShell scripts for this 'Debloat' Windows 10 topic.

I want to see how this will work out.

I got my hands dirty in C# and WPF now. I was kind of lazy and scared to change my ways.
    But I am better managing my reluctance to learn different methods.

I am in the final semester of my college program. It is suppose to be easier than last semester. So now I have some more free time.
    I hope to do more interesting things.

15. ERRASoft

ERRASoft MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2014
    i do the same question to farag
    can we make the Wrapper also multilanguage?
    and the text length is unfortunately a bit cut off
    that would be great

16. farag

farag MDL Member

Apr 1, 2014
    You'd better answer @Davidgamerthumbs. Me and oz-zo onle develop SophiApp. Bu I can translate it into Russian, cus one famous Russian IT site already made an article about his wrapper: https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=8354

17. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    @ERRASoft

I only know English. I can not translate. If you hover your mouse cursor over the radiobuttons you can read popup messages (Label + {ToolTip = info messages}). The ToolTips are stored in the file 'tooltip.txt'.

I made the wrapper easily editable with only text files to edit to change.

Because I only know English I can not create a different ToolTip. Maybe someone can create the ToolTip.txt file in your language. The radiobutton label is entirely different I think. I dont think you can easily change that

I tried to make the wrapper under 1280 pixel wide for users with small old monitors.
    I can make the window bigger for bigger radiobuttons width or the radiobutton text label smaller but you can hover over the radiobuttons for more information.
    Maybe I will add a feature to scale radiobuttons length? I need to figure that out but I am still pretty new.

18. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #59 drew84, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    @ERRASoft

... to paraphrase JFK

ask not
    ...what the wrapper script can do for you

but ask
    ... what you can do for the wrapper script

19. Davidgamerthumbs

Oct 25, 2020
    I think I will take a break from doing these debloat stuff for a bit.

I need to step back.

I will continue to update the Sophia wrapper if farag has 'script updates' though.

Dave